MaxAVI out now.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxAVI out now.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#1]

Wrote in C++, Asm and BlitzMax to leavage the best of all worlds, MaxAVI is an effiencent fast and user friendly avi playback library for BlitzMax. It can Display images at any size in hardware or at a fixed size in software.
Video output can be returned in blitz friendly byte ptr format per frame for real time video editing and post fx.
Out put can be redirected to a maxgui canvas for a Video application.

http://gbp.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?s=50943&p=50943RayDoor25&v=0&d=0&q=1&t=

Price 10 english pounds. Pricesely 17 bucks, roughly a million lira.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'd need a bit more detail than that and a demo before I purchased it.

ozak(Posted 2006) [#3]
Can you seek in the video file?

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#4]
Price 10 english pounds. Pricesely 17 bucks, roughly a million lira.

When following your link, it claims the price is US $18.19 instead of 17...

Anyway, you really need to provide some more information: Is this cross-platform, or Windows only? Can you seek? Rewind? Fast-forward? Does it play audio as well?

Any code samples to look at? (you wouldn't need to include the actual module itself, but seeing the code necesary to call the library would be very helpful)... an executable sample showing what it can do would be good too.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
seems like the difference in price is 7%, is that Tax in the U.S. or something?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#6]
No details no deal.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#7]
seems like the difference in price is 7%, is that Tax in the U.S. or something?

Some states have no state income tax, but charge sales tax. Other states have no sales tax, but charge a state income tax instead.

and states that do have sales tax have variations all over the place depending on where the company is located, since counties and cities can levy their own sales tax on top of the state sales tax.

It's 8.3% where I live, but different two towns over.

CodeGit(Posted 2006) [#8]
I'm interested - need more info before purchase

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#9]
A demo, docs and source examples will be made availiable shortly. Was too tired to do it all last night.

Anyway for now, here's a simple source example.

Does anyone have ftp space I could use for the demo? I can ask ad so not vital, but it will have to wait until he gets up (American dweeler)

TAvi.Init()
TAvi.Open("face2.avi")

Repeat
frame:+1
If frame>50 frame =1
Cls
TAvi.GetFrame( frame )
'Tavi.DrawSoftware()
TAvi.DrawGL( 20,20,200,200 )

Flip
Until KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE)

End

To answer your questions here, yes you can seek. As you can see in the above example you specify the current frame directly so you can seek, rewind, slowmo, anything you wish.

Platforms, windows only as it uses windows api and furthermore x86 assembly and it's supplied as a dll (and bmax source for the oop interface )

CodeGit(Posted 2006) [#10]
This looks very promising.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#11]
So... Does it also play the sound, or just video?

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#12]
Version 1 is video only at the moment. Audio streams will be added but it's more work than it seems because I have to write an OpenAL sound system. Blitz's own one isn't flexible enough to playback a byte stream.

All updates will be free to registered owners, whatever the effect of the upgrade.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#13]
Anyone purchased this yet?

Kanati(Posted 2006) [#14]
ooh... I didn't even see that it didn't play the audio too. You might want to emphasize this because when I see "AVI PLAYBACK" I would NEVER assume that it didn't play the audio as well.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#15]
Well it will have audio playback before too long so I don't want to emphasize it too much :)

Just uploading a demo to ftp space now, contains the talents of one hundred video stars. And not a corben bersun in sight!

Dubious Drewski(Posted 2006) [#16]
...so, what's the news on this project? It really sounds good.

ozak(Posted 2006) [#17]
I worked on this instead, which was eventually released here: http://www.nhsoft.net/?page=avitool

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#18]
Please stop digging up Aurora threads.