Sending commands to web site via NTMLView

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Sending commands to web site via NTMLView

Dr. Wildrick(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi
Anyone know how to send command to lok at the test of aor click on certin links of a page disoplayed with NTMLView?
And the Html run script - I cant find docs on that at all - is that the grail I seek or do I need to look elase where.
For some background:
I have a web Site - It has a web page, the host provider offer a great reposrt system from how many vistors, pages viewd - ect. The probem - I thave to go to the page, log in, click through like 20 page sna dthen finaly it is displayed. Worse the links to the reports a java based (I assume so that the hosting company can keep tabs on me) so I need to be able to hit those links.
Can anyone offer nay help?
Thanks!
Dr T

N(Posted 2006) [#2]
I have NO idea what you just said O_O

Dr. Wildrick(Posted 2006) [#3]
Typo: HTMLVIEW GO
Now that we have established im human and not perfect and your not either or you wouldent have pointed that out... can you answer the question?

Yan(Posted 2006) [#4]
I'm afraid your post didn't make much sense to me either. :o/

You want to auto click links?

Dr. Wildrick(Posted 2006) [#5]
correct sir

Dr. Wildrick(Posted 2006) [#6]
I apologize English is not my first language.. Its not even my third so bear with me.
Yes, auto click links on my web page to log in and go to view reports
thanks

N(Posted 2006) [#7]
I don't think you can do that given the basic interface we have to the HTMLView gadget.

Dr. Wildrick(Posted 2006) [#8]
Do you know the protocalls required to "simulate" a browser? I could just open a TCP port 80 on the host, read in the web page as text. Its the "Get" command or someting right? anyway then find the link and jump top it - so I just do it in a text mode. Anyone know where I can find the HTMKL calling protocalls? Like the header, referer - all that?
Thanks

ozak(Posted 2006) [#9]
It's in the blitzmax socket documentation somewhere. Opening and reading a webpage

ozak(Posted 2006) [#10]
Basicall just open a socket connection to a web address and post a GET /page HTTP/1.0 in question or GET / HTTP/1.0 for root page.
Another example is here http://www.blitzmax.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1579

Yan(Posted 2006) [#11]
No need to use sockets for that...
local stream:TStream = OpenStream("http::blitzbasic.com", True, False)
if Not(stream) then RunTimeError "Oops..."

repeat
  print stream.ReadLine()
Until stream.EOF()

stream.Close()

End
...And before some smart arse pops up...I obviously meant, not directly. ;op

N(Posted 2006) [#12]
...And before some smart arse pops up...I obviously meant, not directly. ;op

That's what she said? I'm not sure. But you deserve to be smacked for that alone -_-

ozak(Posted 2006) [#13]
Ahh yeah. OpenStream it was. Thought I saw it in the docs sometime :)