updated now its dead???

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/updated now its dead???

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#1]
I purchased full version of blitzmax;
after installing the update it ran first time, now its saying that blitzmax.exe is missing

HUH???

pretty disapointing.

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#2]
It happened after running blitzmax frame work assistant, should I beware of this program, I would do framework command manually but user manual is EXTREMELY differcult to find stuff with!!!!!!

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#3]
Are you only having a problem with Framework Assistant, or with BlitzMax itself?

If with BlitzMax itself, did you uninstall your old version first?
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=47712

If with Framework Assistant, you might try re-specifying the root directory (under "Max" in the menu). I've used FA through several upgrades (both its own and BMax) and it's worked fine.

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#4]
I un-installed blitzmax and made sure old folder was deleted
installed update and everything was fine, downloaded F.assistant ,run it then went to run blitzmax and it said that it wasnt there anymore so I re-installed the update and it was ok then.

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#5]
Good deal!

You may well already know this, but just to be safe... :) also be sure to syncmods after updating (on MaxIDE menu: Program/Synchronize Modules). This is also good to do every couple of weeks or so since minor improvements (in between updates) are sometimes posted to the mod server without an announcement.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#6]
You may have had an old shortcut icon: the older versions (and demo?) pointed to blitzmax.exe, the current one launches MaxIDE.exe

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks great ,I also just figured that out the short cut was pointing to wrong file name