What about a alphabetical manual like blitz 3d

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/What about a alphabetical manual like blitz 3d

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#1]
I just spent two hours trying to find out how to use the "framework" command and still havent found it,

its a shame that they didnt continue the useful alphabetical manual like in blitz 3d ,then I could have found it in about 30 seconds!

Still havent found it....

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Not that it is at all well documented but the following is only seconds away:

Navbar->Home->Modules->Index->Framework

assari(Posted 2006) [#3]
there's a chm help (win32 only) version that does alphabetical (via the index tab). Get it here

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#4]
assari; link is dead

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#5]
hey ,skidracer; call me dumb but where is index in modules;
Im having so much trouble with the blitzMAX help that is spoiling the hole experience;
there needs to be a alphabetical manual so I can just go straight where I want to go like blitz3d

I just cant find anything...

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#6]
where is index in modules

It's at the bottom of the list of modules:

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks very much....

So it was there all along , just not very easy to find straight away, im new to blitMAX as you can tell

(not new to programming)

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#8]
this is all it says

"Framework builds the BlitzMax application with only the Module specified rather than all modules installed."

doesnt give much to go on, it asumes that I wrote blitzmax myself and already know how to use it!

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#9]
Framework Assistant (which you refer to in your other thread) is the way to go - it makes Framework a lot easier to use. But, in my opinion, Framework is about the last thing that you need to worry about when writing a program. Everything is included by default, so you only have to use Framework when your program is finished and you want to shrink your executable as small as possible.

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#10]
I still have nothing to go on except

framework BRL.basic

???how do I string other modules on etc, do I use multiple lines for framework commands do I use commas, whats the syntax, should I guess?

its a shame that there is no description so that I could fiqure out how to use this command, its important.

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#11]
There's a bit more description in Help/Language/Modules (if you haven't already seen that).

If it was FA stating that BRL.basic is all your program needs, then it probably is. I've found it to be pretty comprehensive.

If you need to add on other modules, use the Import command (FA is good about including those as needed). Here's an example of a header produced by FA when I was only using Print and Input commands:

Framework BRL.StandardIO
And here's an example of one using graphics, GUI, network and other stuff:

Framework BRL.D3D7Max2D
Import BRL.LinkedList
Import BRL.StandardIO
Import BRL.GNet
Import BRL.EventQueue
Import BRL.MaxGUI
Import BRL.Win32MaxGUI
Import BRL.BMPLoader
SetGraphicsDriver D3D7Max2DDriver()
But, again, all the Framework/Import stuff is optional. It's not like C where you must explicitly include modules in order to use them. You can just ignore Framework/Import while learning BlitzMax and you'll have access to everything by default.

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#12]
Thanks just got up to speed ,using FA works fine now that I understand

I got my .EXE done to 88k

brillant stuff, much better than the 1.5 megabytes that im used to

assari(Posted 2006) [#13]
Gav,
Here's a direct link. http://www.2dgamecreators.com/files/BlitzMaxHelp%20v118a.chm

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#14]
how about everyone uses the wiki at www.blitzwiki.org ? Makes sense no ?

NoBoDo(Posted 2006) [#15]
how about everyone uses the wiki at www.blitzwiki.org ? Makes sense no ?
If it was actually helpful, then yes. But in reality, no. If the only people who ever go there are people looking for answers, then the answers are never put there in the first place.