Blitzmax and Internet

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Blitzmax and Internet

KamaShin(Posted 2006) [#1]
The question might probably be answered easily by looking at the doc but I havn't had time to look into that part: is it possible to access a remote sql database inside BlitzMax and how hard/easy would that be?

(Basically, the goal would be to have the game take place on the client, and have the stats stored online)

thanks for any answer that would make me win some time as time is almost the most precious and lacking thing to a programmer :)

KamaShin(Posted 2006) [#2]
Okay... doing a small search in the forum (which I should have done BEFORE posting) I found some elements... I think I'm gonna use the "execute a PHP script" for communicating with my DB... Could someone tell me (maybe with a damn short and easy to understand example in a few lines) how to do this, and how I'm supposed to get back the script's answer in BMax (I'll basically have 2 scripts, one for "asking datas", and one for "giving datas", don't worry about security things, I'll be able to manage a coding, I just need to know the basics of executing the php script)
Thanks

ozak(Posted 2006) [#3]
I can't read the question, because your animated GIF sig hurts my eyes :)

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#4]
theres a rather nice mysql db module by gman, works rather well for directly accessing a database...

KamaShin(Posted 2006) [#5]
ozak: lol... curiously, you're not the only one being annoyed by it lol... strange, isn't it? I really wonder why :)
Chris C: I'll have to give it a try, that and your own postgre dev, but I think using a php script might be the best, thanks for mentionning it though :)
Morover, the php thing might be easier for multiplatform support :)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#6]
If you right click his images in firefox you can block them. I did that for both his images so I can still see sigs but I don't have to put up with his visual bull@#!*.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#7]
dont use my postgres stuff, its there for historical reasons gmans got a postgres module on the framework

guess I'm not the only one whos blocked your kiddy graphics

Progi1984(Posted 2006) [#8]
Search ETNA on the forum