GUI Options?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/GUI Options?

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#1]
I already have IGlass, so I am looking for some information BlitzMax GUI Tools. Do any of the GUI tools support the following:

- Re-sizable Textbox and other input controls
- Re-sizable Labels

Also, has anyone used any of these Tool to create a finished game which is now being sold? I am especially interested in seeing the options menus that people have developed?

Thanks

PS: What about MaxGUI, does it do all this?

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#2]
MaxGUI has buttons (and radiobuttons, checkboxes), labels, sliders, textareas, textfields, canvasses, windows, panels, tabbers etc. etc., and it's all resizable with a single command.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#3]
Can you customize the look and feel or do they look like the windows GUI?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Like Windows GUI (its Windows API, not picture draw like IGlass and other). But if the user has Aqua active, you can use manifest files to modify the look.

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#5]
Real men make their own customized gadgets with a canvas :P

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
Naw
I use Panels for it. Still real GUI elements but due to SetPanelPixmap they can be everything (at the moment they are elements for a visual programming environment I'm trying to create) and are one of the few gadgets, that are really usable for Drag & Drop stuff due to this.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#7]
Can you clarify for me; can you use your own graphics or does it have to look like windows? Also, are there any other GUI's that would work well?

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#8]
If you use typical windows, buttons, sliders etc. it will look like the windows GUI. No way to change that unless you change it in windows itself.

If you really need buttons with your own looks/design then use panels/canvasses and create your own gadgets from scratch.

assari(Posted 2006) [#9]
Sean,
Panels with pixmaps on them are probably the way to go to roll out your own GUI gadgets with eventhooks. As a start, look at the example in my tutorial Tutorial 5: Panel and Mouse Events