Create Window Mac Issue

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Create Window Mac Issue

Qweeg(Posted 2006) [#1]
On windows I have been CreateWindow with a style of 0. Not quite sure where I found out that I could use a style of 0 but this gives me the desired window effect. However when I use this on a MAC if I create a canvas using this window as the parent the following exception is thrown

2006-03-14 00:14:12.425 .CreateCanvas[763] *** -[NSNextStepFrame contentAlpha]: selector not recognized
2006-03-14 00:14:12.426 .CreateCanvas[763] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: *** -[NSNextStepFrame contentAlpha]: selector not recognized

Have I dreamt the style of 0 or is there a specific issue using this style on the MAC?

Qweeg(Posted 2006) [#2]
Okay I have tracked this down a bit further. It seems to happen if I create a window without the titlebar and then assign a canvas to it. It works fine on a windows machine - just falls over on the mac. Is there some restriction about creating windows with titlebars on the mac that anyone knows about?

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#3]
I did a bit of googling and didn't find much. The fact NSNextStepFrame is an undocumented internal type makes me think this may not be easy that easy to fix.

Qweeg(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yep this link seemed the most similar issue I could find.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Cocoa-dev/2002/Nov/msg01167.html

Not very encouraging though. Methinks it may be time for plan B ;)

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#5]
Do panels suffer the same problem? If not have you tried parenting the canvas to a panel on the titleless window?

Qweeg(Posted 2006) [#6]
no - do you think that might make a difference then? I can give it a go anyway and see