WindowBlinds vs. MaxGUI Toolbars

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/WindowBlinds vs. MaxGUI Toolbars

d-bug(Posted 2006) [#1]
There is a little issue by useing WindowBlinds.
Yesterday I've installed it to optimize the look of my Desktop, not thinking about the MaxIDE...
The effect is, that MaxGUI toolbar buttons aren't correctly disabled. They are completly hidden instead.

Two screens:

showing help with MaxIDE

showing code with MaxIDE

As you can see, I've forced WindowBlinds to don't skin MaxIDE :D

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#2]
I don't have that problem running the blitzmax ide off sourceforge and windowblinds 5. that said, the window border does disappear when the ide is maximized.

d-bug(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yes, thats exactly my config within WindowBlinds. Do you have
Toolbar skinning enabled ? Didn't test it so far, but thats
a little hope I have.

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#4]
yes, for explorer.... can you skin other apps?

Kanati(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hate to say it, but windowblinds and it's ilk are crap. They are resource hogs and do things that frankly can't be taken into account by other apps. If you want full compatibility with everything else, get rid of the blinds.

d-bug(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hm, I think it's just a question of personal taste, isn't it ?
Also there are no errors except the one in the MaxIDE, and this one seems to be only at my place ...

popcade(Posted 2006) [#7]
As WindowBlinds actually make many imcompatibilities with many apps (especially apps with own skin/guimode), I switched to StyleXp for that reason.

d-bug(Posted 2006) [#8]
Ok, but there is one thing that StyleXP couldn't do for me. Changeing the position of the window buttons (close,minimize...) from right to left. But as I mentioned above, it's only a personal taste.

I think, this topic has to be closed now. The discussion about WindowBlinds has to be at an other place.