.LIB > .A

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/.LIB > .A

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#1]
Argghhhhhh :(

How can i convert a static libary (.lib) into a .a ???
I tried use reimp but i get a ton of *.obj files.

N(Posted 2006) [#2]
.a and .lib have the same purpose and do the same thing, they're just different formats for different compilers.

As for HOW you convert them, well, you have a very low chance of successfully accomplishing that. Better to just write a bunch of stubs and build an import library from it.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#3]
If this is for what I think it's for.. you're in for a bundle of fun. See my thread a few posts below for some hints which haven't worked for me but may lead you somewhere. I've been at this for three days solid, have asked many smart people for help, and have not achieved it. Unless I get a particularly promising lead, I'm not going any further.

If it's NOT for what I think it's for.. my post below will tell you how to compile those obj's into an .a and it should work. You could also try renaming the .lib as I've been told that works for a lot of libs.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#4]
No its not TV3D ... I am trying to wrapp another much smaller engine. Because i saw you where having trouble and i was thinking i could maybe help you out since i also have TV3D6.5 and just not sit back and wait for you to do all work. :)
But i needed to start with something smaller just to getting up to speed.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#5]
Ahh.. well then this might work for ya..

Try this from the command prompt :

ar rcs libmylib.a *.obj

It should produce an .a from all the obj files. Can't guarantee it will work, but it does with some .libs.