Full Screen in Max Gui

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Full Screen in Max Gui

Qweeg(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a game that I have running in 1024*768 (using the graphics command). But I want to change this to enable it to use some of the GUI gadgets.

So I want to run the game within a window but at 1024*768 resolution, whilst still appearing that the game is running in full screen mode. I can hide the title bar and other bits of the window, and size it so it appears full screen on a monitor running at 1024*768 but if the resolution on the monitor is greater - say 1280*1024 then the window obviously doesn't look like full screen mode.

I can maximize the window but I am worried about how the graphics will be scaled and how calculations and positions will be affected - e.g. will an item positioned at 10,10 appear in the same position relatively on a maximized window compared to a normal one or is the some form of scaling required?

Any helpful tips would be much appreciated - or if I am just talking rubbish then sarcastic derision is fine too.

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#2]
well heres some code you can try out:

I have tried it at 1024*768 and 1280*1024 and it looks perfect.

As far as I can tell with the above code is that you wont need to scale it, 10x10 is the same on any res.

OH and you may note that I use clientwidth/height(desktop) instead of maximize the window though it should work the same if you just maximize it.

Qweeg(Posted 2006) [#3]
Brill - that looks like the ticket! Thanks a lot Diablo