Web Server Class

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Web Server Class

MarkAM(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am looking for a few people to test a Web Server Class I have written in BlitzMax. I have tested the class under Win32 and all is fine. I need Linux and Mac Testers.

The aim is to write a lightweight web server that can be easily intergrated into any app. (e.g. Webmanagement for a game server, game updates from central server)

The basic features are:-

- HTTP/1.1 support
- Definable Port
- Definable send cache limit. Effectively limiting send per cycle and so providing suedo-threading.
- Callback to base app for request processing.
- String Data or File Reference return data supported.
- KB In/Out Statistics.
-Multi request support
-Standard HTTP Error Support

Features to added later:-

-Transaction Log
-Built in status and management through HTTP
-Throughput Chart through HTTP??
-scripting support??

Mark

MarkAM(Posted 2006) [#2]
Now added:-

- status and management interface;
- plain text authentication.

Need testers for Mac and Linux...

Gavin Beard(Posted 2006) [#3]
I can test under Linux if u need it still, i am running SUSE 9.3 pro?

TeaVirus(Posted 2006) [#4]
This looks interesting... I'd be happy to test on Mac and Linux (if it can be compiled as a console app).

MarkAM(Posted 2006) [#5]
gavin_b and TeaVirus

Sorry, been out and about for last few weeks. Happy to give it a go. The code is pure BlitzMax with no MaxGui so works well in console. E-Mail me (info@...) and I'll send you the code to test.

I've now got a couple of protoitypes including a webserver for viewing webcam snapshots.

MarkAM(Posted 2006) [#6]
I've released the source code for the server. It can be download at http://www.kitasoftware.com/

lodger(Posted 2007) [#7]
I've got a question regarding the license model of this module: am I allowed to use it as a component in one of my own projects? If so, what are the limitations / restrictions for doing so?! I couldn't find any info on that neither in the zipfile nor on your website (btw: the forum there appears to be broken, I couldn't post a new message).

Filax(Posted 2007) [#8]
Work here :) any news ?

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#9]
I like the fact that you can run a BlitzMax console app as a cgi exe :-)

Advantages are that your webserver looks after being a webserver, and your app can look after itself.. :-p