Why move topics?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Why move topics?

MarkT(Posted 2006) [#1]
Why do you guys move any topic related to BlitzMax on linux from any of the BlitzMax forums and move them to the "Linux" discussion forum???

I had a bug report posted in the BlitzMax Bug Reports about the HTMLView Gadget not Working under Linux and someone moved it to the Linux Forum, can you explain that?

Just because someone is coding with blitzmax on a linux box does not mean that they cannot post about it here, its the same language, people have the same troubles/questions no matter the platform.

Could you please stop moving stuff so haphazardly. especially from the Bug Reports!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Because they are Linux problems I would assume and not related to BM in general ...

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#3]
In MarkT's defense, why arent the MacOS bugs and Win32 bugs moved to the other forums?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Don't know. Because these 2 OS have a standardized behavior and not one every noob can alter (and destroy) by changing configs etc? IE it needs Linux user to solve Linux problems while in the other cases the OS has its defined behavior. (thats the price of a modularized play-around-with-everything OS)

MarkT(Posted 2006) [#5]
I dont believe that bug reports about Using BMax on linux should be moved to the "Linux Discussion" forum. They are valid issues with the language that should be addressed in the proper forum, i.e. "BlitzMax Bug Reports".

rdodson41(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yeah, if the problem is about something like the BMX LinkedList or Streams or something, it would probably be solved faster by putting it in a forum where all BMX users look, not just the linux users, even if the bug is on a linux box.