Requesting Mac / Linux compile test

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Requesting Mac / Linux compile test

Zolyx(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is there anyone here that could please help me out by seeing if this code package will compile and run on Mac / Linux?

http://www.firestormproductions.co.uk/mordor/files/mrtd-editor-src.zip

The project is still in the early stages but it's become large enough that I can't put off thinking about cross-platform compatibility any longer. Hopefully there will be no major problems but I'm sort of resigned to the fact there will be :)

Sorry if this wasn't the best forum for this sort of request, but it was the most relevant I could see... :)

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#2]
OK. Just done a quick test for you...

Linux seems to work fine (Ubuntu 5.10).

However, on Mac (OS X 10.4.4) you are missing the top menus and the tiles from the top right, plus some buttons/toggles from the mid section on the right. They aren't even registered by the mouse pointer when it moves over the area where they should be. Not sure why this would be, as you have a lot of code there which I don't have the time to go through. I'm also something of a Mac newbie. Screenshot...

Zolyx(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks JazzieB! This is a great help.

Not sure why the Mac version would be misbehaving like that. Because of a lack of image buffer support in BMax, each gadget is drawn to the topleft corner of the current screen buffer where GrabImage() can then place it into the appropriate gadget.img slot.

The gadgets that use pre-defined graphics (like the tickboxes) seem to be fine though. Hmm, I'm stumped on this for now...

If any other Mac users could test this and see if they get similar results I would appreciate it :)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yep, same here--no menus on the Mac!

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well, GrabImage() is also what I use for internally generated graphics and I haven't had any problems between Windows, Mac or Linux.

I've tried to have a look at your code see what it could be, but it's rather difficult to follow. If I get some time (which won't be until the weekend) I might see if I can discover what the issue is. If you fix it in the mean time, please let us know what the issue was so that us Mac owners can avoid it in the future.