GLGraphics Fullscreen no longer possible?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/GLGraphics Fullscreen no longer possible?

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm trying to create a full screen gl context using what was once called bglCreateContext, GLGraphics.
But the docs no longer cover the newly named flags. I've figured out most but I can't seem to find one that mirrors bgl_FullScreen. The obvious choice Graphics_Fullscreen doesn't work.
And wierdly enough the mods folder doesn't seem to have a folder for the glgraphics's mod.

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#2]
set the depth

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#3]
Easy enough. Do you know what replaced bglSwapBuffers?

Yan(Posted 2006) [#4]
[cough]release notes[/cough]

* BlitzGL (ie: the 'bgl' commands) has GONE! Instead, use the following:

bglCreateContext -> GLGraphics
bglTexFromPixmap -> GLTexFromPixmap
bglAdjustTexSize -> GLAdjustTexSize
bglDrawText -> GLDrawText
bglSwapBuffers -> Flip

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#5]
basically u can now use open gl in normal max2d BUT without using the max2D draw commans i.e. drawtext and drawrect, etc.

so as long as you set the graphics driver you can go:
Graphics(800, 600, 32, 60)
gl commands here

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#6]
You could do that before. Are you saying that any opengl commands wont break max2d?

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah but then you can't specify stencil and alpha buffer support like you can when setting up glgraphics. The constants for them are not docced but they exist as Graphics_StencilBuffer | Graphics_Alphabuffer etc.

Found the release notes thing and got it working ok.

Is there anyway to use glGraphics but still make calls to drawimage etc? I wanna hijack blitz's build in image loading and nick the opengl texture handle it creates.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#8]
No, not if you use GL command to create the graphics.
If you use graphics to create it, then you could so while combining it with GL calls. The flags you mentioned should be usable even with a graphics call, you just have to create the device manually (check the setgraphics() command and TGraphics implementation)

At least I thought this was possible.