Making a Rpg program to create stand alone rpgs?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Making a Rpg program to create stand alone rpgs?

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#1]
I have been working on a Rpg Creator for some time now mainly working on the math/stat side of the process

1. Is it Possible to create a programme with bmx that can in turn create its own exe and if so any chance of some code me fealing a little lost

2.Does this effect my bmx licence would it involve making vital parts of the bmx ide available to the unregistered public :(

thanks for your help :)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
It can't make own exe. But you could make a mod-able RPG which then works as you want.

Due to that BMX license is not involved but you are still not allowed to give out parts that are only for registred users like sources etc.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#3]
thanks for your reply :)

Well at least all the Script code iv been working on aint wasted

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#4]
You could use a runtime module/app which only runs the script and doesn't allow editing of it, to lock it in place. Unless you want the user to be able to edit it in the game editor environment.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#5]
Or you could generate Blitz sourcecode, save it, then call the Blitz compiler to create an exe - but the user would have to own Blitz.

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#6]
You could use a runtime module/app which only runs the script and doesn't allow editing of it, to lock it in place. Unless you want the user to be able to edit it in the game editor environment.

isnt that what RPGmaker * used todo. you needed some rtp or somthing to run your games. i'm probally wrong here.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#7]
For my QuestMaster project I made the deecision to allow installation of quest modules. They are made up of LUA scripts, graphics, NPCs, maps, etc. The QuestMaster engine then allows the user to put a character into a quest and play. This effective allows you to have several different RPGs in one system. But it would be cool to be able to have separate exes for some things.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=50380&hl=QuestMaster

MattVonFat(Posted 2006) [#8]
If you were to store the data of the users RPG in different files then you can add it to the executable with some code which adds it as a resource. Someone posted it to help me. I don't have it but it should be in the Blitz Plus forum somewhere. I'll try and look for it now.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#9]
Thank you all for your help

@MattvonFat that might just be the answer

Can you add a exe to and exe as a resourse that could be exported or copied then have the relevant files added to the new renamed exe

that could be the just what i need

MattVonFat(Posted 2006) [#10]
Can you add a exe to and exe as a resourse that could be exported or copied then have the relevant files added to the new renamed exe

I was going to see if i had the functions on my computer but its having problems at the moment and I'm not sure how long it will be until I can get on it. The post that it was in has been deleted I think (its not on my list of posts in my account)