Need artists to test game art program

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Need artists to test game art program

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm doing a game art program(i.e something like snarty's pixel studio) that's tailored towards animation, and i'm looking for some artists to try it out as I develope it and give their opinons on it's features and ease of no use.

To be clear, i'm not looking for artists to do art for the program. It's upto how you use it.

if you're interested send an e-mail to information@....

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#2]
what features do you have planned?

slenkar(Posted 2006) [#3]
a lot of people take 2d images from 3d models, its much easier and produces better results.
If you came up with a program that does raytracing and sets up camera angles automatically, maybe that would a more unique program

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#4]
It's one approach. Before people did that, though, they created all graphics by hand more or less. Doing it in 3D can also look pretty boring and can be done badly. So too can drawing it of course, but usually drawing it is much more artistic and you have more control.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#5]
Slenker there are a ton of free modeling programs. I do plan to do a 3d modeler but not until max3d is released. it's hard work finding a decent 3d engine for a decent language.

Angel, not wrote in stone yet, still early in. It'll be much more advanced than something like paint, but not quite photoshop. It'll be much more friendly to newbies though.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#6]
Serious question... What's going to happen to Maptrix?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#7]
MS Paint is pretty awful, so making something better isn't too hard ;-)

Good luck with it.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#8]
Tonyg, nothing. It's still on sale and pretty much bug free but really didn't sell well enough to warrent much more attention.

Angel, true that. :)

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#9]
Hmm.. I have a list of bugs from the 'demo' which prevented me testing it much further or consider buying it. Do you want me to report them in the Maptrix post or not bother?

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#10]
Which demo are you refering to? The one on the showcase is not the trial on the website.

But either way, no thanks.