3d stuffs

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/3d stuffs

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#1]
i started a 3d engine back when max came out, but got a bit busy with r/l stuff, recent ive started again and i thought id put up a lil test to make sure it works ok for everyone at this early stage.

ive still gotta module it, but i will do that after i finish the mesh loaders tonight (b3d,ms3d for now)

current todo list:

cameras - done
entity system - done
textures - done
lights - done
vertex manip - todo
mesh loaders - todo
possible stencil shadow system - todo

optimize!!! - todo

its kinda b3dish but more in the max (oop) style

in b3d:
camera = createcamera()
moveentity(camera,0,10,0)

in max:
camera:camera_class = new camera_class
camera.moveentity(0,10,0)

i think its pretty easy to use.
anyhow this is just a basic compat test thing, 2 cameras, 1 first person, one looking at the first cam, a lil entity field using cube entitys.

also uses lights (one in center, and ambient in this example), scales, turn,position,rotate, etc etc

wsad to move around and you can change the res etc in the config.

test

http://filehost.mychost.com/d.file?get=54722424237711

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#2]
I nice simple 3d engine, is this going to be free? and will it work with maxgui? and normal max2d graphics?

btw it looks kool and work on my comp.

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#3]
i dont have maxgui, but id expect so. not max2d thou, im replacing the max2d commands (drawimage etc), will be free ya, just need to finish the mesh loading stuff and you could make games with it,

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#4]
Local rotations as well as global rotations would be nice as would getting eular angles from the matrix (not as easy as it sounds!)

btw closing the window doesnt actually quit the app its still running in the task manager, you need to check appterminate()

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#5]
can do local and global, and get the eular angles:), been on a bit of a mission lately, will check appterminate() didnt know it existed actually ¬_¬ (fixed)

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#6]
hey.. this looks nice..

I was just wondering;
do you really need the "entity" ending on the camera method?
I mean, wouldn't it be simpler just to use:
camera.move(10,10,10)
rather than:
camera.moveentity(10,10,10)
??

boomboommax(Posted 2006) [#7]
aye can do, will do infact