Which IDE

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Which IDE

u2o(Posted 2006) [#1]
Possibly OT, but what IDE is most popular for Blitz development or do most people just stick the the default one?

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#2]
i use the default one when i try stuff out because its quick and easy but i use blide when i am working on a project because it is much easier to navigate around you code IMO.

ozak(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yup. Blide, although sometimes default at blide doesn't always pick the right errorline :)

Also can't F1 on text in Blide for some odd reason :)

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#4]
you can but you need to select the text by dragging from the right to left - this is a really odd bug dont u think?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#5]
There is also the BlitzMax IDE Community Edition which is improving on the original IDE. We're also looking for contributions, so you're welcome to add your own tweaks to iit, and as it's written in BlitzMax, it's cross-platform too.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55410

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hey, that's funny, I'm making BLIde for months and nobody had out told me about this F1 bug!!! It's working Ok in my computer. Very strange! I'll see how to arrange it.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#7]
I still use Eclipse with Bruceys plug-in, mostly if I'm working in Eclipse anyway (which is usually the case).

Alternatively I use MaxIDE Community Edition (because it boots a lot quicker than Eclipse).

ozak(Posted 2006) [#8]

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#9]
I didn't know there was a default IDE with BlitzMax?:) I would recommend Blide.