BLIde 0.6.0

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde 0.6.0

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
The las version of BLIde had a binary incompatibility in its distribution package. It has been fixed, please download it again from www.blide.org.

For newcomers, BLIde is a freeware ide for BlitzMax, for Windows.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#2]
We love you Manel! It works. Thank, you!

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Wow :o Ok well im redownloading it and gonna get this baby set up.

Mystik(Posted 2006) [#4]
Working great here now thanks.

Anyone got a standard Blitzmax colour scheme for it yet?

Steve

N(Posted 2006) [#5]
Works now.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#6]
Good to know. The strange thing is that previous version was working ok on my computer. (the corrected one works fine also)

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#7]
Manel,

It works!! :)

I just want to express how happy I am for you that you got to fix the problem quickly. It's much better that way considering there will be a lot more people upating BLIde tomorrow, and so on!

I also want to thank you for such a great program! :)

GW(Posted 2006) [#8]
Just crashes on startup with a message 'Length must be greater or equal to zero' This is after a full uninstall and installing the latest one.

TeaVirus(Posted 2006) [#9]
Same problem here.

EDIT:
After removing the contents of my mod folder and doing a syncmods I get a different error. Blide seems to parse the mods and then:

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#10]
Did you recycle some old text on the blide page? :-)

INSTALL THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE NEW TO BLIDE, OR YOU'RE UPGRADING FROM 0.2.8

0.2.8?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#11]
EVERYBODY. UPDATE TO VERSION 0.6.1 at http://www.blide.org

@xlsior: This release don't need any debuger, it working fine. It may be some error in your .NET 1.1 framework. Be sure to have all windows updates up to date. And, it's not recycled text, you can upgrades from 0.2.8 to 0.6.0 directly as the binaries are diferents enough. :D

GW(Posted 2006) [#12]
The length exception still happens with 0.6.1
just FYI.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#13]
What mods do you have in your mod folder, GW? Does any of your mod folders have a dot in its folder name?

GW(Posted 2006) [#14]
A dot in the folder name?
they all do. 'Brl.mod' 'Pub.mod' ect..

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#15]
EVERYBODY. UPDATE TO VERSION 0.6.1 at www.blide.org

@xlsior: This release don't need any debuger, it working fine. It may be some error in your .NET 1.1 framework. Be sure to have all windows updates up to date. And, it's not recycled text, you can upgrades from 0.2.8 to 0.6.0 directly as the binaries are diferents enough. :D

Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I can't get this to work.

I had previously completely uninstalled Blide (due to the inability to get 0.5.4 to work). I alsmo manually removed the folder, and references to Blide from the registry.

0.5.0 works. the upgrade to 0.5.3 works.
0.5.4, 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 do not, they all crash immediately after launching with the error I mentioned in my other posting. It does not matter if I do them as a fresh install, or as an 'upgrade'.

I uninstalled .NET framework 1.1, and installed 2.0. Then Blide gave me an error saying it requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322, and to please install it and run the setup again. (which, as a side note, may present a problem when 2.0 becomes the new standard?)

Anyway, I did a system restore to the point before my .net 2.0 install, and installed a copy of 1.1 (downloaded fresh from the microsoft.com website)
The problem still persists: I can install blide 0.6.1 without problem, but immediately on launch of crashes on my.

removing 0.6.1 and reinstalling 0.5.0 and it works OK -- it asks me for the blitz installation folder, and everything is fine. I can upgrade to 0.5.3 and things still work. But 0.5.4 or above will not.

when I do a fresh install of the higher versions, it won't even get to the point where it asks me for the blitz installation directory, it immediately crashes.

Not sure what else I can tell you, but I tried pretty much everything I can think of without success.

I also tried temporarily moving all module folders other than BRL.MOD and PUB.MOD elsewhere, in case it's one of them interfering with the blide launch process... doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does blide have any other dependencies? For example, does it need to have MinGW installed, or other 3rd party tools? I have a fairly minimalistic system, so it's possible that I'm missing something else that you're searching for?

I tried to run Sysinternals' FileMonitor, and it doesn't indicate any attempts from Blide to open non-existing files, but who knows what it's looking around for...

I'm running windows XP Professional, SP2, US English, and up to date with all the recommended security patches. BlitzMax 1.14.