BLIde 0.6.0 available!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde 0.6.0 available!

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi!
There's a new BLIde version.
This can require a fresh BLIde installation in some computers, so it's recomended to uninstall any previous version.

This is the changelog:

Improved intelisense to handle Arrays and Functions retourning classes

Learning modules keywords cache system tol speed up loading time

Some extra folding functions (while, loop, etc.)

Fixed focus bug on search and replace dialog

Fixed file handling for large projects that was causing BLIde to have a general performance slow down.

Improved Auto-list type recognition

BLIde now makes a deep monitoring of start-up time

Navigate to now integrated in the IDE browser

New feature: Refresh module's caché on next start-up

Improved first-time configuration wizard to enable the selection of the BLIde skin

New Feature:Windows console

General memory swaps reduced to increase speed

New UFP parser much faster

General menu organization, more conceptual

Local tree shortcuts is now generated in a scondary thread, to improve performance

Application loading time has been reduced drastically

Some improvements to the general look and feel of the interfice

Better handling of big applications

Support for derived classes or arrays in intelisense

you can download this update at www.blide.org

for newcomers: BLIde is a free BLIde IDE for BlitzMax, for Windows.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#2]
AWESOME!!

Thank you so much for your hard work. I love BLIde and wouldn't know what I'd do without it!! Thank you very, very, very much!!!

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#3]
Umm... Problem!!

I installed it and now it wont load my blide app, nor the bmx file. It will not show it's dependencies either.. I can't edit it anymore.. :(

The IDE window is blank, and severely blank. What happens is if I minimize blide and open it again, the IDE window will show whatever was showing previously. So if I was looking at the desktop then I'll see the desktop in the IDE window.

I cant even start a new app either.. I uninstalled the older BLIDE too.. what could the problem be?

I cant load any bmx file actually.. nothing..

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#4]
That's very strange. You don't get any error???
Are you sure you uninstalled the previous version and deleted the old BLIde installation folder?

did you see the configuration wizard when you started BLIde 0.6.0 for first time?

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#5]

BLIde is now broken.. :(

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#6]
I can still compile and build the bmx modules.. if I hit f5 it runs the bmx application just fine. I just cant EDIT a thing! I get absolutely no errors, I did not see a config thing either.. If I click on the HELP tab I see the help tab just fine. the only thing is I cant see the text editor part. (if I click on the bmx tab I'll see the help tab stuff still, its MeSseD up :( )

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#7]
It's very important for me to know if you get the configuration wizard when you run BLIde 0.6.0 for the first time. Can you try to reboot your computer?

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#8]
No, I did not see any configuration wizard.. I uninstalled old the version of BLIde too...

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#9]
that means that you did not made a fresh installation. Please, after uninstalling previous version DELETE the old BLIde folder

N(Posted 2006) [#10]
I'm not sure how you manage it, but you've somehow made the equivalent of Protean for BlitzMax in a very short time.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#11]
Noel, is it working fine for you?

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#12]
ok Ziggy! Thank you for your hard work, I love BLIde, cant live without it!! I will go ahead and uninstall and remove all old files and cross fingers..

I will post what happens when finished.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#13]
I uninstalled BLIde 6.0.0

Where are the files?

I checked ProgramFiles and did not find the wsfactory folder.

EDIT// Nevermind.. it is The Factory.ws not wsfactory.

Found and removed folder.. preparing new install.. crossing fingers...

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#14]
the factory.ws / BLIde

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#15]
Excellent.. the new install worked! You were correct, I had to remove the pre-existing folder.. why dont you have this occur during the uninstall??

PS: Thank you very much for your hard work! I love BLIde :) Also thanks alot for your support here and helping me get it to run right.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#16]
Nope.. I went through the config wizard so I thought I fixed the problem.

Still BLIde does not work exactly like it didnt work as posted previously..

If you want to talk to me via ICQ about it I would be more than happy to help Isolate the issue. My ICQ is 296-535-193

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#17]
When I try to do a "Quick New File"

It doesn't work either. It does show the editor partially, but I can't put text in there or anything..

Tiger(Posted 2006) [#18]
Blide don't work for me now, can't edit text.
I did a fresh install, I did see the config wizard.
Its seems like the editwindow don't update.

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#19]
Ooh I was looking for an IDE like this!

Thank you!!!!!! (even though I havnt even installed it yet)

Well, except for the bug that renders the IDE useless :P this seems to be a great IDE

Matt McFarland(Posted 2006) [#20]
FWIW the older versions of BLIde were excellent. This new version is probably way better if I can just get it to work :(

klepto2(Posted 2006) [#21]
Same problem as Matt here, can't edit the text :(

N(Posted 2006) [#22]
ziggy: Yeah, works fine.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#23]
DUDE! The edit doesn't work for me either! Bummed!! Uninstalled, cleaned registry, and still no love. :(:(:(:( Also after I cleaned the registry and did the reinstallation, it brought me through the configuration wizard. NOw where do I download the old versionof Blide??? ;)

N(Posted 2006) [#24]
Correction: It worked fine. Now I have the same problem...

Mystik(Posted 2006) [#25]
Same problem here

Steve

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#26]
Get the same "not rendering code window" error. Any chance this was built with .NET framework 2.0 beta instead of full? (had to uninstall the beta for WinFX sdk)
funny thing is that the help tab shows up without any problem ... intelisense bug or something?

Regular K(Posted 2006) [#27]
Could it be failing because I installed "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019)" today through Windows Update?

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#28]
I dont think so because I already had the .NET 2.0 installed, and Im still having the same issue!

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#29]
Everybody with problems with this BLIde version, you can get the old BLIde version at www.blide.org at: http://www.blide.org/nueva/updates.htm

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#30]
I think the problem is releated to a binary incompatibility from within the syntaxbox dll.

There's a new installation with this problem solved that should work. (binary compatibility rebuilded).

Please, download again the 0.6.0 version and let me know if it's working.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#31]
I'm getting an error... Fresh install of Blide 0.6.0, downloaded just now (10 hrs after your post above, so should be the latest version)

(As a side-note, the 0.5.4 version wouldn't work on my PC either, but you mentioned at the time that you compiled that one requiring the debug libraries or something. Maybe the same happened again?)

anyway, when I launch it I get the following error:

BLIDE.EXE - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x8e4 (2276), Thread id=0x1a88 (6792).

Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application

I really hope this can be fixed, Blide is an amazing program!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#32]
You have to uninstall old versions of blide first.
I had this problem as well :-)

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#33]
EVERYBODY UPDATE TO BLIDE 0.6.1 AT http://www.blide.org

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#34]
You have to uninstall old versions of blide first.
I had this problem as well :-)

It was a clean install -- Version 0.5.4 never worked for me, and when I tried installing the 0.6.0 I didn't have any installed.

Even manually removed some remaining traces of Blide out of the registry and deleted the empty installation folder first, also to no avail.

0.6.1 didn't work either... :-?

I'm all up to date on the windows patches and all that... I guess I can try re-installing the .net framework altogether, although I don't have any other applications giving me any problems... Blide 0.5.3 works for me, but none of the later ones have.

Manel: Do the installation folders matter at all?

My blitzmax installation folder is in c:\code\blitzmax , blide is installed under c:\code\blide