Mappy rides again

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mappy rides again

gman(Posted 2006) [#1]
the Mappy mod is functioning again! stay tuned... as soon as i clean up the mod and the samples i will release the code. probably in a few hours or so.

gman(Posted 2006) [#2]
2005_01_12 Mappy Mod

Mappy Samples

enjoy :)

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#3]
thanks Gman, all looks good.

Haramanai(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks again.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2006) [#5]
Great!
Was looking for that

gman(Posted 2006) [#6]
glad i could help out :) i had pretty much given up, but the recent interest and a fresh approach renewed my efforts. basically i switched from using a mask color for transparency to the alpha channel to get things working again.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yes location error.
I found it and deleted my silly question

gman(Posted 2006) [#8]
greetings TGD :) this is more than likely a location issue. please make sure that your directory tree looks like:

c:\blitzmax\mod\pub.mod\mappy.mod

where c:\blitzmax is the location of your blitzmax install. i think you probably have mappy.mod at the same level as pub.mod.

HTH.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#9]
Great!

By sdie, thanks for th3 updated 3Impact mod.

ckob(Posted 2006) [#10]
hmm not sure why but when I try to run the examples I get this

Linking:mbbgame1.exe
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/d3d7max2d.mod/d3d7max2d.release.win32.a(d3d7max2d.bmx.release.win32.o.b)(code+0x223b): undefined reference to `pub_directx_D3DVERTEXBUFFERDESC'
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Documents and Settings/ckob/Desktop/mappysamples/mappysamples/mbbgame1.exe
Process complete

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2006) [#11]
I did get this to work once, but now its giving me an error:
Building mbbgame1
Compiling:mbbgame1.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.64
3 passes, 5713 bytes.
Linking:mbbgame1.exe
C:/Programmer/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:/Programmer/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/mappy.mod/mappy.release.win32.x86.a
Build Error: Failed to link c:/Programmer/BlitzMax/samples/mappysamples/mbbgame1.exe
Process complete

Can any one tell whats wrong with this?

I do have the file with an i extension but not a!

snation(Posted 2006) [#12]
Rebuild the module:
bmk makemods -d pub.mappy
bmk makemods -r pub.mappy
docmods pub.mappy

-d -> debug build
-r -> release build
docmods ->useless ubless you add your own comments.

last: make sure mappy.mod folder is located inside pub.mod folder inside of mod folder.

Just did all this myself to make sure it works as adevertised.

Last Note: if you want the hexagonal maps to show correctly, at least with my ATI card, use directX graphics
driver.

snation(Posted 2006) [#13]
Jeepers, to i stand corrected, the "mbbcoord.bmx" works fine as is for me now. Something got fixed somewhere...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#14]
For us newcomers, what the heck is Mappy?

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#15]
Map Editor like TileStudio. Very very good, very full-featured etc etc. Pain to get work with Bmax so cheers again Gman.
Mappy

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2006) [#16]
Yep I got it working again!