3Impact Compiling Problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/3Impact Compiling Problem

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#1]
Trying to compile 3Impact with 1.14, and it's causing an error in Replay.bmx

It errors on this line :

Function iReplayDataWrite(replay:REPLAYDATA,file:TCStream)
	replay.DataWrite(file._cstream)
EndFunction

With "cannot convert from Int to TCStream. Which is fair enough because _cstream is defined as an int in brl.stream but I'm not sure if I should be changing the 3Impact mods to accept Ints instead of TCStreams or if there's a problem with Syncmods and I'm running an old version of the TStream mod. I thought BMax was moving away from integer handles, so I'm a bit confused about which is the source of the problem.

gman(Posted 2006) [#2]
greetings Gabriel :) this is actually a bug that didnt show up till now when they took out the auto Int conversion. change the following functions to look like:
Function iReplayDataWrite(replay:REPLAYDATA,file:TCStream)
	replay.DataWrite(file)
EndFunction

Function iReplayDataRead(replay:REPLAYDATA,file:TCStream)
	replay.DataRead(file)
EndFunction

and lmk how it goes.

thx

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#3]
That works fine, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I should be changing the BRL mod or your mod. Common sense said that your mod was more likely to need updating than BRL's, but looking at the code, it looked like BRL's mod was the one to change. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

gman(Posted 2006) [#4]
glad i could help :) thx for testing and bringing it to my attention. i will get that into the official mod release in the next day or so.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#5]
3Impact mod is great and I really hope to see it kept updating, thanks gman for this nice mod.