Module Build Failure?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Module Build Failure?

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#1]
I tried to install FOD and as part of the step you have to rebuild the modules. However, I get the following error:

Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

Not sure if this relates to FMod or another module?

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#2]
Also, the rebuild all modules button is greyed out? PC version not MAC.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#3]
You have to install MingW and adjust the pathes correctly.
You can't build modules without it

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ok, so I installed MingW and rebooted. What do I do now? The rebuild all modules is still greyed out?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#5]
Have you looked at Marks guide?

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=53442

In particular the setting of the environment variable and path.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#6]
Jim,

I added C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin to the path variable? Your link above appears to be broken or it doesn't seem to think that I am logged in? I am logged into the site?

Very strang! Can someone tell me what is at this post?

Amon(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hi Sean, Make sure you're using version 3.1 of MinGW as the newer version 4 doesn't like BlitzMax.

As well as adding MinGW to your path you have to also setup a new user variable by clicking the new button when in environment variables. Give a a name and add "MinGW" and for it's value add the path to MinGW eg. C:\MinGW.

That should allow you to build modules properly and should make the options available in the IDE instead of them being greyed out.

Hope that helps. :)

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#8]
Before I started I uninstalled BlitzMax rebooted and removed all files in "C:\Program Files\BlitzMax". Then I installed BlitzMax 1.14.

The following is my config so far:

MinGW version is "MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe"
MinGW is installed at "C:\MinGW"
MinGW bin is installed at "C:\MinGW\bin"

Path is "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\Common Files\SurfStats;C:\Program Files\Surfstats8000\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\MinGW\bin;"

Added the additoinal user enviromental variable:

Variable Name: "MinGW"
Variable Value: "C:\MinGW"

The options are greyed out! I can press control D but it fails with the following:

Building Modules
Compiling:stdc.c
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/stdc.mod/stdc.c
Process complete

Please note that I also have environment variables for Visual Studio?

Help

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#9]
Rebooted aftre all not and I have the same problem. Not! The problem is gone! Cool!

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#10]
Variable Name: "MingW"
Variable Value: "C:\MingW\bin"

This should work

VS Env Variables are unimportant as not read by BM. It only uses GCC

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#11]
I don't think I going to add the \bin to the end! It works now and that is the way I like it! I couple of post refered to the base bath not the bin so I not sure which is right?