Accessing and writing to the registry

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Accessing and writing to the registry

Ant(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, I wondered if anyone could tell me how you would go about accessing and writing to the registry - are there any specific commands that allow you to do this or any articles I can read? Thanks

Ant(Posted 2005) [#2]
anyone any pointers? ;-)
cheers

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#3]
If this question wouldn't have been asked around a million times, you would get and answer.
But first use the search and you will see that the answer is extremely simple: Use Windows API!

poet(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thank you so much Dreamora. If you can be bothered to help then don't speak ...

I've searched for 'registry' and all I found was this totaly unhelpfull comment.
And some more unrelated or uninformative threads ...

So, if someone actualy might be bothered to explain *how* this can be done, I'ld be realy thankful.

klepto2(Posted 2006) [#5]
Maybe this will help you:
http://www.blitzforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=15521

This is a module from the german community side. and you have to build it by yourself.
Copy the file to *BMax Dir*/mod/BtbN.mod/RegEdit.mod/RegEdit.bmx and build the Module.

Kanati(Posted 2006) [#6]
yeah, dreamy has been awful quick on the draw with the snippy comments lately. Whassup with that dreamy?

kronholm(Posted 2006) [#7]
Dreamora has been nothing but helpful to me. And he/she is absolutely right. Take a minute to search before you open your mouth, on a subject that seems highly likely to have been asked before. I know from lots of other communities, that it's a pain in the ass to answer something in length, only to have someone come up the next day, asking that exact same question. It's a waste of everyones time.

And remember to add things to the wiki when you can :)

Defoc8(Posted 2006) [#8]
hmmm...i still dont think being snappy with people is really
such a great idea - they may well have already tried searching
for previouse posts..and if seeing the question repeated
annoys you, simply ignore it..the intention of the question
is rarely to cause offense.

heres my favourite annoying question "is directx better than opengl?". IGNORE!

anyway..thats jst my opinion, feel free to be a total $#%

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#9]
Take a minute to search before you open your mouth, on a subject that seems highly likely to have been asked before.
Which search is that then? Certainly not the built-in one. That takes forever and more often than not, doesn't find what you're looking for.

About as useless as a @#!* flavoured lollipop.

Oh and BTW: The answer to the question is, don't do it.

poet(Posted 2006) [#10]
Thank you very much, klepto2 ... that's a good pointer if there ever was one ...

kronholm, I did search, and it took way longer than a minute, and I did read most of the results that were returned, and guess what ... this very unhelfull (until now) topic was the only one that actualy held any relevance to the question ... try it yourself before you state something completely wrong

also, I didn't mean to bash Dreamora as a person, but his response was totaly useless, he should have rather not spoken than posting this, just like you, kronholm. but that's only in regard to this topic, not concerning anything else ...

Gillissie(Posted 2006) [#11]
Ok, but what about Blitz3D users that don't have BMax to compile the dll? Can anyone just supply a link to the compiled dll for us?

Actually, nevermind. I just created my own dll in C++, for use in Blitz3D, and probably Blitzbasic.

http://www.codersworkshop.com/viewshowcase.php?id=827

Moogles(Posted 2006) [#12]
Just Google [advapi32.dll] and learn its functions, or use the link in kleptos post.