BLIde version 0.5.4

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde version 0.5.4

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi! There's a new BLIde version available! (for newcomers, BLIde is a free .NET IDE for BlitzMax)

This version needs BlitzMax 1.14 as it uses the 'new' syncmods engine, new debug engine, and so on.

For BLIde 0.5.x users, just download here:

http://www.blide.org/download1357908642wqeryuioiuysdfgyurB-3423-43-23/blide-0-5-4.zip

For non BLIde users, go to http://www.blide.org and follow instructions in the download section.

-------

This is the changelog:

· Adapted to use the new Debug binary compatibility protocol of BlitzMax 1.14

· NEW FEATURE: Expression evaluator, compatible with Visual Basic Script and most of the BlitzMax functions.

· New help commands-parser engine, compatible with HotDocs

· Several memory improvements here and there

· General data reestructuring

· New keywords added (superstrict)

· Add-Ons integration engine, now experimental but it doesn't affect the normal BLIde usage.

THIS UPDATE IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH BLITZMAX 1.14 and over. It is a MAJOR update. (so download is about 6 mbytes).

Bremer(Posted 2005) [#2]
Thanks, much appreciated as usual. :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks!
It's a very very recomended update.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi ziggy

I would like to use my own custom colours. I do not like the alternatives in your colour menu as they miss a lot of colours I prefer.

Can you please show me how to use my own RGB colours?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#5]
I'm not sure how you can do that in BLIde, I'll arrange this to make this possible. In fact, the colour scheme definitor is being redesigned to support some extra features for version 0.6.0 (not yet released)

d-bug(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi ziggy,

there are still two or three things holding me back from using BLide...

1. The File-Popup when you start BLide
2. Why doesn't BLide opens the last opened Files again ?

If this 2 things could be optional there is nothing to stop me anymore. :)

I would be very ashamed, if these issues are still there and i haven't found them until now *gulp*.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks ziggy. Only the colours stop me from using it now... cos I like my own scheme :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#8]
@d:bug:
This features aren't there, but they will be there on the next release.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2005) [#9]
Several memory improvements here and there

You made my day, it runs like a dream now.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thanks!

PS: There is a small bug that I have been meaning to mention for a while. When you try to paste text into the search box using control V it actually pastes into the IDE and not the search box.

NoBoDo(Posted 2005) [#11]
Thanks, great update!

One question that's been bugging me for a while... Why does it ask if you want to save changes when you exit, even when you've made no changes? Even if you click 'Save' then immediately after that close the app it asks if you want to save changes?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#12]
@Sean Doherty: Are you sure you're using version 0.5.4? Check your 'Help / About BLIde' dialog, becouse this bug was fixed in version 0.5.1 and I can't reproduce it on current version

@marcusi: It asks for security reasons. I'll improve this.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#13]
Doesn't work for me... :-/

It installs just fine, but after starting the application I get the following error message:

I'm up to date on all windows updates, Use blitzmax 1.14 with latest syncmods, and had no problems with the Blide 0.5.3 version.
- Uninstall blide and reinstalled 0.5.0: works
- Apply 0.5.4 update: same error as above again.

Rebooting makes no difference...

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#14]
@xlsior: ?? Try to install it as a 'fresh' installation. I mean, uninstall every previous version of BLIde, and download it again. If the error continue, please let me know.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#15]
I tried uninstalling it altogether, removing the folder, and reinstalling from scratch.. The reinstall of 0.5.0 works. I then install the 0.5.4 setup (which completes without errors), but launching the .exe after install results in the error listed above.

I did notice that the 0.5.4 update is different than the other ones though -- instead of a single update file, it contains a setup.exe and such again.

Re-running the 0.5.4 setup gives me a remove and repair option -- repair does nothing, remove will remove the entry from the installed software list, but the 0.5.0 remains will continue to give the error message.

After installing the 0.5.4 setup, The windows installed software list contains two entries simply called 'blide', but the version info does indicate that they are 0.5.0 and 0.5.4

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#16]
Try uninstalling all BLIde versions, removing folder, and installing DIRECTLY BLIde 0.5.4 (don't install BLIde 0.5.0 before).

And be sure to have internet explorer 5.5 or greater in your windows distro. Are you using XP? Are you using chinesse windows? (there where some problems with chinesse windows and BLIde)

Is anybodyelse having the same problem?

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#17]
Try uninstalling all BLIde versions, removing folder, and installing DIRECTLY BLIde 0.5.4 (don't install BLIde 0.5.0 before).

Tried that just now -- still the exact same error.

I'm using a fully up-to-date Windows XP, IE 6.whatever, US English.

As a sidenote: I *did* install in a custom folder, C:\Code\Blide rather than the default one... But wiping it completely and installing it in the default folder leads to the exact same error.

some more info: When pressing the 'cancel' option, I get the following error:

No idea what that is, don't seem to exist on my system?
(Also, just so we're clear: that initial pop-up window is the very first thing that pops up when launching blide 0.5.4 -- no splash screen, no module scanning, nothing)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#18]
It seems there's a problem in your .NET framework. cordbg.exe is a Microsoft .NET 1.1 framework file. I'll take a look to ensure if it has any relation with the Microsoft Debuging engine. I would like to send you a mail as soon as I get what's happening. Could you please email me at supermanel*at*menta*dot*net?
I'll replie with a solution as soon as possible

this file is the .NET debuger, wich may be installed in the .NET 1.1 SDK. BLIde souldn't need this file to work, so I'll see if this version was released with the DEGUB enabled. Meanwhile, go back to 0.5.3 untill I find what's happening

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#19]
What are the requirements of your program? Is .net 1.1 sufficient, or do you need the .net 2.0 stuff?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#20]
Only the 1.1
It seems this release of BLIde has the 'DEBUG' activated, so it may need the 1.1 SDK debug engine. I'll fix this tonight.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#21]
OK... I tried the .Net 2.0 installation as well before I saw this last posting, but that didn't make any difference either.

I definitely don't have the debug stuff installed, I tend to keep the clutter out if I don't really need it. I'll wait for the non-Debug version then, thank you very much for looking into it.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#22]
Yip! I am using version 1.5.

1) Open a document.
2) Copy text from the ide
3) Press Control F to bring up the search
4) Press Control V to paste into the search box.

It pastes into the ide instead?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#23]
@Sean Doherty: But if you put the focus in the search dialog everything works as spected?
If it's a focus issue, I will fix it for next release (tomorrow)

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#24]
Did you upload a different version that I can try yet, or should I still hold off?

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#25]
Even when I set the focus control v still pastes to the ide. Right click and paste works fine. Should I uninstall and reinstall 5.4 from scratch?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#26]
@xlsior: The update is not out yet. I'll post it here as soon as it's released.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2006) [#27]
There is ONE thing preventing me to code with Blide rather than with the default IDE. Right now the default TAB is 4 spaces. And I am use to TAB of 2 spaces! So how can I change this option in Blide?? I didn't see any option... That would be nice to add that to Blide!!
Keep up the good work!