ASCII Codes - Not consistent?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/ASCII Codes - Not consistent?

Ant(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi guys, I've referencing ASCII codes for font/language
code I've been writing. However, I noticed that if you look at the extended ascii codes in this table:
http://www.lookuptables.com/

it seems to differ from those in BlitzMax. ie ASCII 200 in the table above is ╚ while in Blitzmax its - É -...

Does anyone have a link to the ASCII table that bmax uses?
Thanks

Ant(Posted 2005) [#2]
Ok guys dont worry. I'm trying to implement code for foreign languages, it appears I have to look into unicode. I'll trawl the forums for info on that.
Thanks

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#3]
I vaguely recall that only characters up to 127 in ASCII are standard, anything above that, while likely to be similar across implementations, can vary. As you say though, unicode is the way to go.

JazzieB(Posted 2005) [#4]
They're not true ASCII codes either, just based on them. Look for KeyCodes in the docs - although these are only used with the KeyHit/Down, WaitKey functions.

GetChar() returns proper ASCII codes most of the time, and also allows for the use of Shift to allow for proper lower and uppercase input.

Ant(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yeah AScii 127+ doesnt seem to be consistent - 'extended' ascii its referred to. Looked into unicode and it seems quite daunting to be honest, especially for a newbie ;-(