Debugger Error:Invalid debug typetag

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Debugger Error:Invalid debug typetag

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#1]
Can anyone tell me what the error: Debugger Error:Invalid debug typetag means and what causes it?

I keep getting it when compiling my app and it doesnt give me a line number, so I have no idea how to fix it and where abouts in my code its happening. I cant reproduce it or post my code because its a large app.

Its a debug build btw

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
I would search for any occurance of the word debug in your program in particular nodebug which if you are using you should probably rename to something else.

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#3]
I couldnt find any occurance of the word 'debug' or 'nodebug' in all my code that would affect the debugger functions.

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#4]
Well I commented out a line at a time and the DLL I was using in the app was somehow messing up the debugger (I dont know how!) So I have removed it and all works fine now.

Difference(Posted 2005) [#5]
I just had this and made it go away by changing :

Global CreateStatusWindow:Int(Style, lpszText$z,hWndParent,wId)"Win32" = GetProcAddress(DllHandle,"CreateStatusWindowA")
to
Global CreateStatusWindow:Int(Style, lpszText:Byte Ptr,hWndParent,wId)"Win32" = GetProcAddress(DllHandle,"CreateStatusWindowA")
Then the debugger reported the correct error ( "Illegal operation on an empty list")

DredPirateRoberts(Posted 2005) [#6]
I have this problem to . it seems if u just have a $z
in any dll declarations

like .....
Global FISaveImage:Int ( fname$z, igfx, bpp )"Win32"=GetProcAddress ( DredDll, "FISaveImage@12" )

even if i dont call the function in my program . i get the
"Invalid Debug Typetag" error only when i use DebugStop

( Actualy now i took out the DebugStop and im still getting this error . dont seem to make sence )