Yet more timing

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Yet more timing

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I've tried a couple of timing schemes and I'm still not happy with them.

What I'm looking for is fixed rate logic and possibly tweening or delta in addition to this for the ultimate smooth look. I had a look at Tim's stuff, which was cool but I can't be without the fixed logic. And when I add that, his stuff suddenly becomes jerk city.

If you don't mind sharing your actual experiences, please do so.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
For ultimate smoothiness :P I force the game to sync flips to 60Hz and use delta timing just in case the game dips below 60FPS for some reason.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#3]
I can't tell bmax to use ANY refresh rate apart from 60! My monitor is 75 (and an LCD) and GraphicsModeExists verifies the existence of the mode I am trying to enable.

Bmax uses 60hz regardless. I can put any value in, for example Graphics 800,600,75 and it will ignore it, and cap at 60. This is incorrect as the display is running at 75hz.

What about CRT owners? they will be put off by the excessive flickering < their refresh rate... Blitz3D never had any of these problems. I wonder how it does it?

Whats more, I have discovered opengl rotations are borked in 1.14 as well as trying to use ANY refresh rate in it. See bug section if you're interested...

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#4]
Graphics 800,600,75 is trying to set the colour depth to 75bit ;)

try Graphics 800,600,16,75

Muttley