Request for a 'USR' module repository

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Request for a 'USR' module repository

JaviCervera(Posted 2005) [#1]
Don't know if this topic is correct here, but it the most appropiate section I found. It would be really cool if you added a 'USR' module section in the repository, so we would get modules from users automatically with 'Synchronize Modules...'

Any thoughts about this?

deps(Posted 2005) [#2]
Most of the time I put unofficial stuff in mod/misc
But isn't "pub" the dir for community created modules?

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#3]
Pub seems to so far contain mainly Blitz wrappers around things that other people have made and therefore BRL didn't want to try to imply they should have credit for. I much prefer to have anything that I'm not going to use in the vast majority of projects out of the brl/pub directories (now that only those two are added in by default), so I'd support this.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#4]
Anything in the pub dir is generally LGPL (community based projects) or public domain stuff (generally the stuff BRL creates and gives away out of the kindness of their hearts).

Most of the time I put unofficial stuff in mod/misc

And that works? I would have thought that would clash with the Module info located within the modules themselves. Guess Max isn't that picky.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#5]
I think there should be a user.mod folder myself, so it's clear you shouldn't dump stuff in pub.mod (where it may get 'updated' out of existence!).