Assembly listing on Mac OSX

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Assembly listing on Mac OSX

MrHanson(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm trying to familiarize myself with PowerPC Assembly language and thought blitzmax was a great way to do so, but I cannot seem to find the assembly output ".s" files after I compile my program. Does BM delete them immediately after you compile your program or are they hidden somewhere, or do they put them in a separate directory?

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#2]
On Win32 it's in a ".bmx" directory inside the directory that contains the source code.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#3]
You might have to find them using the console, CD'ing to the source folder, then doing ls -a to see the hidden .bmx folder. CD into that and ls -a again and you should find the assembly files.

MrHanson(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ohhhhh! ls -a thank you. I'm a *nix newbie. Great product by the way.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#5]
Any directory prefixed by a . on Mac/Linux I think you'll find becomes a hidden directory. On Windows, we like to keep a bit more control of our files, however ;]

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#6]

On Windows, we like to keep a bit more control of our files, however ;]

I think the . rule makes things simpler, and is better than however windows does it. Makes hiding ./ and ../ much easier!

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#7]
That's true, also explains why those 'directories' came about in the first place.

Still, I'm the type of person who has 'hidden files shwon' anyway, so the way windows does it makes no difference to me ;]

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#8]
I think the . rule makes things simpler, and is better than however windows does it.
Just buy a Sony CD and install their software. Then all files prefixed with $sys$ will be hidden.

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#9]
how do you hide files on windows from within blitzmax then?

cheers
charlie

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#10]
Just buy a Sony CD and install their software. Then all files prefixed with $sys$ will be hidden.

And give us your (preferrably static) IP address while you're at it. It could come in handy next time I want to crash NASA.

Well, apart from figuring out how to actually set the Hidden flag, you could IncBin them ;]

Tricky(Posted 2005) [#11]

I'd normally say that the "SetFileMode" command is for that, but it works in UNIX base, as far as I can see, so not really helpful, I suppose.

if SetFileMode doesn't help, I guess the ATTRIB command (windows command prompt command) should help.

I don't know where exactly it's located these days, though, so you should look for it. Don't even know if that file is .exe or .com these days.

Normal usage would be

ATTRIB File2Hide +h

In Max you could do it like this
system_ "ATTRIB.COM File2Hide +h"

Please note that you may need to locate Attrib first, and to make sure if it's still .com these days or not converted to .exe right now.
More important to know is (which I'm not sure about), if it's still included with modern windows versions, since MicroSoft wants to get rid of that prompt and are therefore removing more and more as time goes by.

marksibly(Posted 2005) [#12]

I think the . rule makes things simpler

Not for developers!