How to create New array of function pointers?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/How to create New array of function pointers?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#1]
In the below code structure, how do I create a new array of function pointers from within the mymethod() method?

Type MyType
      Field MyFunctions()[]   'Future array of function pointers

Method New()
            MyFunctions=Null
      End Method

Method MyMethod()
            MyFunctions=New ()[100]            'How?
      End Method
End Type

I already know you can just define the size as part of the Field, and also that you can probably do it in New(), but I need to do it in a different method. How can I create the function pointer array after having already said that it can potential exist as a field?

Thanks.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
This depends on the return type of your functions ...
a new int() [100] should work without superstrict ... don't know how to do with superstrict if you don't have a return type ...

Tom(Posted 2005) [#3]
Try this until someone suggests a better way:

Method MyMethod()
Local f()[100]
MyFunctions=f
f=Null
End Method

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#4]
If I understand what you want (and I very well may not), you want to clear the array and the resize it?

If so, can you not just do:
Type MyType
      Field MyFunctions()[]   'Future array of function pointers

Method New()
            MyFunctions=Null
      End Method

Method MyMethod()
            MyFunctions=MyFunctions[..0] 'resize to 0 elements
			MyFunctions=MyFunctions[..100] 'resize to 100 elements
      End Method
End Type

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#5]
Ok. I'm not trying to clear the array. I just have a trend throughout my code to define all the Fields without saying what they contain, so MyFunctions()[] to start out with. Then for the New() method, I am also not defining what they contain, I am just initializing the data to Null and 0 or whatever represents a non-initialized state. Then in my own method I want to set up whatever size the array should be based on a value passed from somewhere else. ie.

Method MyMethod(MSize:Int)
'set up the array to that size
End Method

As to the other suggestion, how could I define it as a New Int() [Size] and it still be considered an array of function pointers? Blitz wont accept that as valid syntax.

However, based on your concept, Perturbatio, the following actually works:

Method MyMethod(MSize:Int)
      MyFunctions=MyFunctions[0..MSize]    'Resize it as a slice
End Method

Thanks!