MaxGUI XP Look?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxGUI XP Look?

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there anyway to give the gui the proper xp look, like in vc2005 with shaded gadgets etc?
Irrc this requires a manifest for the .exe. Anyway to manually make one?

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#2]
Import an XP manifest I guess. There's probably a tutorial or something about how one would go about it on the MinGW website (haven't searched).

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#3]
Im not sure about including the manifest inside the exe since i have not tried it or researched on it, but this is how you can create a manifest file,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
version="1.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="X86"
name="Application"
type="win32"
/>
<description>Program Description</description>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
version="6.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="X86"
publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
language="*"
/>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

Save this as "program.exe.manifest", replace "program" with your exe file name and put it in the same dir as the exe and enjoy.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#4]
To put the manifest file in an EXE using ResourceHacker:

1. Open the Exe
2. Menu > Action > Add a new resource...
3. Select the manifest file.
4. Resource Type: 24
5. Resource Name: 1
6. Add Resource.

Compliments of Snarty ;c)

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#5]
thanks, and damn so I have to resourcehack every build? Purebasic has had manifest gen for ages. come on mark, window users maybe not mac users, but we're still users.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#6]
It's much easier just to distro the manifest file alongside the exe. Unless of course you incbin all your external data.

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#7]
Donnie, PureBasic just creates a external manifest file but at the same time it makes it hidden, this is very possible and easy to do in blitzmax.

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#8]
Can you explain how please? DO you mean I can just create one in code with a func and windows will asscoiate it by name?
Toby, not sure what you mean. I'm not high..

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#9]
The text Sarge posted higher is a manifest file. Simply compile your exe, for example program.exe, copy and paste that text into a file named program.exe.manifest and put it in the same directory as your program. Next time you boot the program, XP look!

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#10]
^ Say, that works - cool! :)

Doesn't work with the manifest Moleboxed, but still very handy. The manifest file isn't something that needs Moleboxing and works if left outside.

N(Posted 2005) [#11]
http://www.faena.com/AddXPStyle/

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#12]
What else can you do in a manifest file?

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#13]
Run malicious code...?

But Seriously. You can also have things such as your Company name, App Name etc.