Does MaxGUI include the source?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Does MaxGUI include the source?

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#1]
Does MaxGUI include a .bmx source?

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#2]
Of course!

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#3]
Unfortunately most of the win32maxgui module source is legacy c++ code directly imported from blitzplus, i've started porting to pure .bmx and will be posting something hopefully by end of the week that implements basic functionality of MaxGui.

I also found an extremely easy way to implement a dotnet2maxgui implementation which I want to post once we recover from the 1.12 release.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thank you for the explanation.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#5]
recover from the 1.12 release.

Lol. That dotnet thing sounds cool... also how hard would it to be to tweak the FLTK module to run on Win/Mac?

Amon(Posted 2005) [#6]
Would having a dotnet capable MaxGUI allow for more complicated and advanced application development? This wouldn't be Cross Platform thought, right?

N(Posted 2005) [#7]
Would having a dotnet capable MaxGUI allow for more complicated and advanced application development? This wouldn't be Cross Platform thought, right?

That's a common mistake made by most people. There are runtimes for .NET for Linux, Mac OS X (10.3 and up, last I checked Mono requires min. 10.3 but it might work on 10.2.8 with some fiddling...), and Windows.

However, the System.Windows.Forms library for Mono is still being written as, obviously, it's a very large task to come up with a system that works across multiple platforms. Last I checked they were starting with Linux and plans to move on to Mac OS X afterwards haven't been decided.

Anyhow, just a random bit of info that pertains to your question.

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#8]
I think Skid is talking about a code converter of some sorts. Am I right?? I've been thinking about this, as the VS2003 Express editions are free to download anyway, and the included form editor is ace.