Mingw problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mingw problem

KamaShin(Posted 2005) [#1]
I m a Mac user and though I ve got some experience using a PC, I have to admit that Im completely stucked on this one:
could someone provide some additional help as to where I can get something SIMPLE to install... basically the instructions are "download mingw and install the folder on your c drive, then define the environment variables"... sounds simple except for the "download mingw"... WHICH ONE??? on the official site there s a DAMN LOT OF THINGS I can download which has the mingw name and nothing ressembling the awaited result... as a result I ve installed a weird, almost hand made mingw folder, I think I correctly set the variables cause blitzmax apparently allow me to compile the modules (well at least the compile module menu is available), but when I do it, BMax doesn't do much... and when compiling it using the command line tool with BMK, it seems to be a bit more efficient than the bMax app but can't compile anyway (can t remember the error message... but I m completely positive it s a mingw pbm)
anyone to help on this one?

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#2]
You are talking about win32 aren't you?
If so, THIS has a direct link to the mingw exe file you need.
You might also want to check THIS

KamaShin(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks, the first link didn't work but the second did and has a direct link too :)
havn't tried it yet, I m downloading mingw :)