Crossplatform issue

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Crossplatform issue

taumel(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

i do have a project which works nice on pc.
After i've adjusted the font settings i tried to compile on the mac.
But there it only runs in Debug-Mode and isn't able to run the GUI-App.

Before i dig into this i wanted to ask if there are any crossplatform specific things which have to be taken care of or any already known issues.

Thanks & Greetings,

taumel

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#2]
Check the 7th post down...
Bloitzmax
and a response from James a little bit further.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks.... :O(

So what's up BLR?!

GW(Posted 2005) [#4]
This isnt just a mac issue, but a windows issue too.
In fact if you import a module that has this problem then your app will suffer accordingly.

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#5]
GW, Did you make the changes mentioned in here for the win32 issue?
btw : What's the error you both get and the size of the project as it might be a different issue.

GW(Posted 2005) [#6]
why are you bringing that old issue up?
That problem is non related. [From the post]-> "It doesn't happen in non-debug mode when trying to compile"

Im talking about applications failing randomly or not running at all when compiled in release mode. The app runs fine in *Debug* mode, but *will not* run in a release build.
btw: it has nothing to do with the size of codebase or the compiled executable as far as i've seen.
To reiterate: This is a Blitzmax Code Generation issue!
The problem could also be related to a debug build inherently allowing certain things to pass execution while a release build will not. Who knows.. but I believe Mark or Skidracer posted that it was fixed for the next release.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hi,

i just tested and also get the error with some old stuff.

This isnt just a mac issue, but a windows issue too.
In fact if you import a module that has this problem then your app will suffer accordingly.

Well in my case i use on both systems the same modules. Only difference between the different sources are the font calls (win opens win-font, mac opens mac-font).

btw : What's the error you both get and the size of the project as it might be a different issue.

I do get no error message. The GUI-App just starts and only a part of it is working. As for example for the old one the source size is 2127 lines of code with comments and the builds are about 5.2/4.2Mb (debug/GUI).

Greetings,

taumel

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#8]
taumel, you should keep an eye on whether the others report this to check the symptoms or, obviously, report this under the bug reports.

GW, I brought that 'old issue' up because you never mentioned changing the FASM level which was causing problems. In your case you should report the problem again rather than relying on 'I believe Mark or Skidracer posted that it was fixed for the next release'. Either find the post or get official clarification or you'll continue winding yourself up about it.