3d engines?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/3d engines?

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#1]
So what 3d engines do we have now?

The ones I know of are,

Vertex DreDi 3D engine
Irrlicht 3D wrapper.
BasicGL

Are there any others in the work? I saw Sweenie mention a ogre wrapper. Was this ever released publically?

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#2]
I think there was one called Trinity, or was it Vivid. Not sure what happened to that one though :p

gman(Posted 2005) [#3]
3Impact wrapper
Eliza3D by thierry-myke

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#4]
Oddball,, @#!* @#!* @#!* @#!* the way up @#!* @#!* @#!* son of a @#!* @#!* @#!* @#!* told him straight.

Amon(Posted 2005) [#5]
Trinity was good Ant. It just needed to be finished and marketed. I'm using gg.3Impact for 3d at the moment and it's capable. I tried to move over to Torque after I got banned but me and Torque don't get along to well. :)

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#6]
Oddball,, @#!* @#!* @#!* @#!* the way up @#!* @#!* @#!* son of a @#!* @#!* @#!* @#!* told him straight.
I predicted that response word for word :p

Here are a couple not yet finished.
3D OpenGL Include 04.06.2006 and Vis3D

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#7]
trinity wouel have been good, but it needed all the coordinates to transpose properly so that you could animate something, plus it didn't recognise the local transforms of an object in a b3d file, so if you exported something who's local position/rotation was different to it'sparent, it would come out jacked up and rotated at odd angles.

That was my biggest problem when using it with ant, if that hurdle had been overcome it showed a lot of promise indeed.

JaviCervera(Posted 2005) [#8]
ColdSteel will be released in a couple of weeks.