Huge Bug, Help.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Huge Bug, Help.

daaan(Posted 2005) [#1]
When I build and run I get an Unhandled Exception: Attempt to access field or method of null object. It gives me this error for the first line which is only Graphics 640, 480. Also, im sure this is the problem but who knows, I just updated to bmax 1.10 and synced my modules. Ugh... anyone else have this problem?

Edit:
It never did this before, but now it requires a depth when calling Graphics.
Example - Graphics 640, 480, 32.

Anyone else notice this?

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#2]
As it happens, I did a syncmod for 1.10 a few days ago (thought I might be having a module problem, but it turned out to be an IDE bug, which I didn't report per the Bug Forum's stickied request, but will report if it's still there after the GUI module's release).

Anyway, I just tried a program consisting solely of "Graphics 640, 480" with no depth parameter on my freshly syncmodded system and it ran happily. Does a one-line test like that work for you? If so, then maybe the debugger is reporting the wrong line for the error's location?

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#3]
That could mean a few different things... try putting debugstop before the graphics command and then keep 'stepping in' and see what section it finally returns the error at...