Physics Engine?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Physics Engine?

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#1]
There should be one for Blitzmax by now, is there?

If not, any links on the subject would be appriciated.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
I've been using the Photon Physics Module. It's basic verlet suff but I modified it so that it can deal with variable timesteps.

It's somewhere on here.

Sweenie(Posted 2005) [#3]
thierry-myke has made a module which let you use Newton, which is an excellent physics-api by the way.
Way better than Tokamak in my opinion.
Here-> http://www.tmyke.fr/indexGB.htm

Haramanai(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yes newton it's at the moment the only phisics-module right now and it's seems to be perfect.

About the photon Phisics module created by {cYanide} it looks like it's not open for the public.

Best vote go for newton. (Dificult to get used to it but it worths the swept)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
ask cyanide, he'll share it with you.

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#6]
I thought pub.ode was meant to be coming soon. Like, well before the 3D module.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#7]
*indie zips it*

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#8]
Thanks, I'll take a look at both. But I guess my own vectors stuff is the sanest way to go.

Isn't newton for 3D?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#9]
All this physics stuff can be really complicated. Nice to have a module, or to find an easier way of doing things.

Haramanai(Posted 2005) [#10]
Yes newton is for 3D. When the module was out I was very excited and tried to make it work for 2D. Here is the post http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=51229

But if you go with newton download the original sdk from newton's site www.physicsengine.com
to have the documentation.

And look at http://skal.planet-d.net/demo/matrixfaq.htm
to make a start with matrix(If you down't know theis usage with 3D)

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#11]
Nice work Dimitrios! It sure is complex, but it seems to work. Have you done anything more with the physics in 2D? I mean if the time to implement and learn the library will be longer than doing my own stuff then I don't know if it's worth it. What complex and cool things that I can do with newton? (only 2D for now)

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#12]
Laggy forums today =)

Haramanai(Posted 2005) [#13]
Thanks. I haven't done anything more with Newton in 2D, cause my knowledge in coding it's not wide, plus none of the gurus of Newton in this forum posted any code fixes. I was stacked with the joints but I haven't putted any real effort.
If I am right Newton it's not so good for 2D cause to make it work you have to run in every loop for every node functions to convert the matrix to 2D coordinates and rotation and lock the Z position.
Newton was created in that way to be used with opengl , directx matrix(And the graphic cards use matrix)

P.S. Dimitrios it's ok.

Prym(Posted 2013) [#14]
Comment installer Tokamak sur Blitz3d ?
Peut-on installer les aides ? ( commands help )
Comment faire fonctionner les liens de la page d'accueil de l'éditeur ?
Merci pour votre réponse .

apry241
apyree@...
http://prymprog.wikeo.net

GfK(Posted 2013) [#15]
First off, this is the Blitzmax forum, and this thread is over eight years old. Use the Blitz3D forum instead for this.

Second, post in English if you can - you'll get more replies as not everybody can be bothered using Google Translate.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#16]
Gfk.not sure he understood :)

GfK(Posted 2013) [#17]
Gfk.not sure he understood :)

If I'd attempted it in French he would have understood it even less.

Hardcoal(Posted 2013) [#18]
pardon my french.

J'aime manger le poulet rôti gomme parfumée

Armitage 1982(Posted 2013) [#19]
Hardcoal; you said something like : "I love roasted chicken. Perfumed eraser".

Salut Prym.
Ce forum concerne en priorité BlitzMax.
Il y a un forum spécialement prévu pour Blitz3D et un moteur de recherche pour chaque catégorie.
Comme tu as pu le comprendre, les membres de cette communauté n'aiment pas trop voir remonter de trop vieux sujet (même si on puis dire qu'elle est quasiment morte).

En ce qui concerne le système d'aide, chaque module est réalisé par un membre et donc, tu comprendras bien vite qu'il est difficile d'en demander plus que ce que tu trouveras en téléchargeant le module. En général, tu peux générer un fichier d'aide pour chaque module via l'interface et utiliser F1 pour renseigner chaque mot clé.

Si par éditeur tu entends IDE, alors là, je ne sais pas t'aider. Je n'utilise plus Blitz3D depuis au moins 8 ans (waw...). J'ai rapidement trouvé mieux avec BlitzMax, bien qu'aujourd'hui plus aucun de ces 2 logiciels ne seront mis à jour et vont tôt ou tard déraillés ou perdre de leurs intérêts. Aujourd'hui je conseillerai plutôt Unity3D...