HOTDOCS - new documentation tool for BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/HOTDOCS - new documentation tool for BlitzMax

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#1]
HOTDOCS is a special program, designed only for the programming language BlitzMax. It replace the official documentation-software. This program scan all modules and display all informations clearly as onlinehelp in HTML-format.

It should find all modules, keywords, functions, methods, function pointers, global variables, constants, types and display all lists alphabeticaly sorted.

SCREENSHOT (50kb)
www.blitzbase.de/_hotdocs/image/screenshot.png

Get more infos at www.hotdocs.de.vu
or
http://www.blitzbase.de/_hotdocs/index_usa.htm

NOTE1:
-quit blitzmax
-unzip file to a folder and start hotdocs. it create a new folder in hotdocs-folder
-start blitzmax

NOTE2: you can modify hotdocs.ini
Set command_var to 1, and blitzmax highlight also all variables in IDE. But - at the moment BlitzIDE is very slow - and it need 10-60 seconds to start with this option :-/ so i disabled it per default. If you use other editor - it should start much faster...

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#2]
---edit---

Red(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nice job, looks good

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
Can we do searches?

Vertex(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yes, thats look soooooo much better as the original bbdoc! But 9 euro? Bad TheShadow, bad! :)

cu olli

N(Posted 2005) [#6]
Gotta hand it to you, very nice work.

I might buy it when I get back to using BlitzMax.

gman(Posted 2005) [#7]
this is very nice. great work! one quick question. can you rebuild for a single mod or must you do all at once?

thx.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#8]
so.... i updated my zip-files...
the version is stay 1.0

I fixed 1 line of code - now the IDE should highlight all keywords.

have fun...

Can we do searches?

No - i could do this with JavaScript - but this is so bad...
Current, you can search docs with "explorer-search"
If blitzmax come with GUI-support, i could add something as a extra-application

can you rebuild for a single mod or must you do all at once?

No way... HOTDOCS link automaticaly words to other documents. If here is a string "PRINT". HOTDOCS add a link to "print.htm". If you add a new module to the docs, old file-strings are "unlinked" to new commands...

HOTDOCS is very fast in scanning - but currently it create ~8500 files... and this take very long...

Yes, thats look soooooo much better as the original bbdoc! But 9 euro? Bad TheShadow, bad! :)

don't ask why, but i needed months for this app. i think this is because my girlfriend ;-)

cool thing, it that hotdocs "analyze" the source code.

a line of code smilar to this:

Global dummy(test#, other$, ..
foo() ), myvar%%

is converted to this

Global dummy : Int
(
test : Float
other : String
foo : Int()
)

Global myvar : Long

And the first global is a function pointer

Jan_(Posted 2005) [#9]
It is a very very very good tool.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#10]
very very very nice :)

maybe maybe buy at some stage.

Cartman(Posted 2005) [#11]
Can this tool be used to document my code in another tree? I'm looking for similar features to what this does, but I need it to document all the functions and methods in my code, not just those in the Blitzmax mod directory.

For example, if I have a directory on my D drive and it has a main .bmx and additional .bmx files it uses, can it parse all of these and provide me with a document of this project.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#12]
hm... this tool was designed for modules... you can also put your modules to mod-dir. and hotdocs create documents from this...

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#13]
how do I remove it ? un-install it ?

Proger(Posted 2005) [#14]
It must be free! ;)

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#15]
>>>how do I remove it ? un-install it ?

-delete hotdocs-dir in blitzmax-folder
-rename _index.html to index.html in [docs]
-rename _commands.txt to commands.txt in [docs/bmxmods]

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#16]
ah ok thanks :)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#17]
Credo - I love the logo for this product - respect due.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#18]
yes this logo is sexy ;-)

EDIT: sorry, if you have problems with de.vu-redirection... use this link

http://www.blitzbase.de/_hotdocs/index_usa.htm

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#19]
HOTDOCS v1.1 released!

NEW IN FULL VERSION: HOTDOCS create automaticaly highlighter file for conTEXT-editor (www.context.cx)! You can find this file here: blitzmax/hotdocs/blitzmax.chl. Copy this file to context/highlighters folder and context should display bmx-files with colors!
BUGFIX: fixed different slashs "/" and "\" in file path names
BUGFIX: fixed values that containig "<" or ">"

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#20]
HOTDOCS v1.2 released!
Spezial Update for BlitzMax 1.12+

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#21]
Jesus, last update one year ago! Time to bring this topic back up again ;)
How about the implementation of a search function
It seems to work with 1.24, or is there something amiss?
What about implementing some Javadoc formating styles for the normal source code?

Any more ideas for neat features that would be nice to have??

MrCredo, still alive :) ?

Edit: I have found a great way to build very nice chm files out of the generated hotdoc helpfiles, but it would be sooooo cool if MrCredo could add the <title> tag to the html files.
If anybody is interested, I downloaded the fully working trial version of FAR . I could upload the created chm but i am not sure if this is ok, but anybody can try it with the standard docs. It's windows only but the created chm files should be able to be viewed under Linux/Mac if I'm correct...