BLIde new verision 0.5.0 available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde new verision 0.5.0 available

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, at last, the new BLIde version is out.
For newcomers, BLIde is a free IDE for BlitzMax, for windows.

This is the changelog for this version:

This is the change-log of this version:

-Preferences dialog (very customizable)

-New Update system with small downloads. (only for minor updates)

-New highlighting system

-Regions support

-Old BLIde files automatic converter

-Automatic conversion of text in the console customizable (ANSI/UTF8)

-Autocapitalization (case correction on keywords)

-Automatic folding

-Split-view of the source code

-Exporting to HTML with folding engine intact

-New virtual white spaces emulator (customizable)

-New TAB indicators (customizable)

-Bookmarks support

-Background scope indicator for EXTERN areas

-Autolist can be turned off

-Autocompletion can be turned off

-Console can be configured to work either in ANSI or UNICODE chars

-Images preview now have zoom control, with alpha channel intact, and dithering

-Learning module's keywords, now works about 3 times faster

-QuickHelp now informs on which module is a keyword defined (press F2 over any function or type)

-Fixed: Learning engine parsing error that was causing some keywords not to be recognized

-Fixed: Print preview was not always properly adjusted

-Autolearn can be turned off in the editor window

-Fix Regions and folding button is now disabled (Folding works as spected, there's no need to fix it)

-New Colour scheme system (non compatible with the old one, but a conversor is on my 'to do' list)

-First help page, can now be BlitzMax Help or BLIde help (customizable)

-New intelligent 'HOME' button function (ala visual studio)

-Autocapitalization (normalize case) can be turned off

-EOL marker can be shown in the editor

-Fixed: Debugger now shows the LINE of code that has caused the error.

-Fixed: Documentation samples now doesn't close automatically after their execution

-Fixed: Add-on are now executed in their installation path

-Fixed: There was a memory management hole, now fixed.

-Fixed: Focus bug when using auto-list

The official website has been redesigned also. Hope you'll find it useful.

AT LAST! :D

edit: NOTE THAT THIS UPDATE DOESN'T WORK WITH BLITZMAX DEMO

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2005) [#2]
hmm, i have searched on www.blide.org but i have not found a download link for Blide 0.5. Would it be possible to post a working link?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Go to the download section, or, if you're upgrading from a previous version, just select 'tools/check for blide updates'. You may also need to 'reload' the page if you've got it in your browser's cache.

you can also go here: http://www.blide.org/download1357908642wqeryuioiuysdfgyurB-3423-43-23/

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hiya Manel,

Looking very very good - as I knew it would. Only had a quick look, but just a little thing I noticed, is there no way to define the colour of numbers in the editor. I'm sure I could set them in the old one? Not a biggy though.

great stuff - love the split view and auto-capitalisation!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#5]
The higlightin is completily new, and with this engine numbers and text are considered to be the same. It can be changed, in the future, if its important, but I don't find it impmortant.

:D

Tiger(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks for the update Ziggy, you must put in much work there.

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hey - cool this runs using only half the memory the old version used on my laptop! Nice one!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#8]
@Tiger: This update has driven me a little crazy... Now I'm going to sleep (now 16 hours working on BLIde non stop, I need a break! :P)

R0B0T0(Posted 2005) [#9]
awesome, thanks!

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#10]
wow...loads up tons faster...looks great! stand by for a donation to keep up the good work!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#11]
Is anybody having a crash at start-up?

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#12]
Yeah, I get:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Compona.SourceCode.Pattern..ctor(String pattern, Boolean iscomplex)
at TheFactoryBlitzIde.MainForm.CreateComponaKeywords()
at TheFactoryBlitzIde.MainForm.MainForm_Activated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Mind you, could be 'cos my BMX demo expired a long time ago :-)

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#13]
Oops - double post.

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#14]
No problems here Manel. I have two installs of it now and it seems fine on both. My work PC is pretty low spec too so if anything was going to have a problem I would it expect it to be that one.

Is there any scenario that people have said this happens? I am happy to do some tests for you if you need?

Cheers,

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#15]
I think is something releated to the creation of keywords. I just wonder if the people getting this error has some MOD with non standar notation or something like that. I'll take a look later and try to fix this.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#16]
mmmm.... I think BLIde doesn't work with the demo, as the demo doesn't come with the modules source code.

Sky009(Posted 2005) [#17]
Good work, ziggy.

Blide is the best ide so far.

I have noticed the following issues in
Debugging-Mode:

The main window is resized when first click on the debugging icons.

In functions, their are no debugging infos on vars, etc.

Keep up the good work.

Greetings

Ralf

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#18]
That would explain it :-)

Might be better to handle it and tell the user rather than crashing though.

Edit: Mind you the older versions worked with the demo - don't know if that's relevant though.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#19]
Yes, I'll fix it as soon as possible. It only crashes with the BlitzMax Demo, but anyway, I don't like BLIde 'crashing' and I would like it to work with the BlitzMax Demo.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#20]
Nice job!

ozak(Posted 2005) [#21]
Very cool. Please insert the Fix Folding menu item again, as folding still fails occasionally :)
F1 on keyword does not work. It just says that it can't find it in the documentation

Also seperating text and numbers would be nice to have back in.

Some other stuff:

- Reload of dependencies when new file is added.
Right now I have to include the file, quit and reload Blide

Keep up the good work :)

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#22]
Just to let you know - I just tried it on another PC which has a the BMX demo (and only the demo) and it worked okay. I can't actually do anything as the demo has expired, but BLIde started up without any errors.

regaa(Posted 2005) [#23]
I've noticed that the cursor does not jump to to end of a line, if i click on the line. Also it is the case if you move the surcor with key_up or key_down through the lines. It really disturbs me :( . But it is the best ide for blitzmax right now, as protean is not any longer developed :(.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#24]
Wow, Ziggy, this is awsome stuff !! BLide is definately the best IDE so far !!

Keep up the awsome work !

Bug I noticed

-On the search dialog, I cant seem to paste text into the search text box

Also, how do I autocomplete ? Ctrl+Space does not seem to work.

ozak(Posted 2005) [#25]
Autocomplete only works after : IIRC
So you would go Global myvar:<code completion pops up here>

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#26]
@regaa: You can disable this, if it disturbs you, in the preferences dialog, disabling the option: Virtual white spaces (by default it is checked).

@Deux:Whaty do you mean? If you write Function, it will write End Function automaticaly (autocompletion). If you mean AutoList (the list with available items), this list appears automaticaly depending on context. Intelisense can be improved (always), but it works quite good the wat it is now. Be sure to have autolist and autocompletion activated in the preferences dialog (by default that whould be activated).

@Deux: To paste text in the search dialog, use right-click / paste. If you use the keyboard shortcut, you'll paste text in the editor window, not in the search window.

@HappyCat: Older version worked OK with the demo, becouse the old highlighting engine was able to work without any module's keyword. This one not. I'll fix this, but BLIde is not supposed to work with a non-modular BlitzMax distro.

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#27]
Well, as I said, I tried v0.5.0 against the demo on a different PC last night and it worked okay (as in didn't crash like it did on this PC yesterday). Just thought I'd let you know.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#28]
Thanks, good to know. :D Can you tell me if this DEMO had a MOD folder?

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#29]
What I meant was

If I declare a variable called ixpos, and I refer to it in code again, how do I autocomplete that ? For instance ctrl+space

ozak(Posted 2005) [#30]
I don't think you can. Only the : approach seems to work for me :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#31]
you mean a kind of keyboard shortcut, to paste text? or you mean, how to see your variable 'childs' (if it's a type variable)???

IF the variable is declared as local, global, or whatever, you should see its autolist. I mean:

Global MyVar:Tlist

MyVar. --> autolist appears here

I'm not sure if you're talking about that...

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#32]
ok, let me elaborate :)

Say I declare a variable called, MyImage1

and in the editor I type 'My' right ?

In other IDE's I have, borland, visual studio etc... if I hit ctrl+space, it will autocomplete the 'My' and make it 'MyImage1'

That is what I was meaning, sorry if I never explained correctly :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#33]
Oh, that's ok, but I didn't know that was possible with visual studio!!! :D
I'll take a look to see how to implement it.
Thanks!

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#34]
awsome :)

Man I really love BLIde, it just gets better and better !

Keep up the great work.

Tiger(Posted 2005) [#35]
I just found a small bug, if I press F1 on a emty line BLIde crash.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#36]
Another bug

Every now and then if I Ctr+Arrow key to skip to sections of a statement or variable, I get an error.

Don999(Posted 2005) [#37]
i love this IDE
it would be cool if you could improve the bookmark-system that you can save bookmarks under a number maybe with strg+shift+number and jump to a bookmark with strg+number
this would speed up coding time a lot

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#38]
ok I narrowed the bug down

If you are in "white space" and ctrl+arrow key, and error is thrown :)

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#39]
Can you tell me if this DEMO had a MOD folder?
Both PCs had MOD folders and the v1.09 demo.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#40]
@Tiger: I've just seen this bug, a little update is on. Maybe tomorrow.

@Deux: I can't reproduce the bug, you mean if the cursor is over a white space? It seems to work here, anybody else has the same bug?

@HappyCat: This demo version, as it has a MOD folder, works with BLIde. Some demos doesn't have this folder, and they can't use the current version of BLIde.

EDIT:
@Deux: This bug only happens when the edit window has just get the focus in a virtual white space. It's located in an internal 'context checker' so you can click over 'continue' without any risk. An update is about to come tomorrow or so, but it's a very minor bug.
To avoid this bug, untill the update is released:

go to preferences, and uncheck the option: Enable virtual white spaces

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#41]
Thanks Ziggy, yeah I click on continue :)

It aint a showstopper so that is good, I just work around it :)

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#42]
Hi Manel,

I managed to reproduce the error Deux got, but only once so far. It happened when I just after I switched off White Space and then Ctrl - Left Arrow. Below is the error stack if it helps:

Cheers,
Tim

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at Compona.Windows.Forms.SyntaxBox.EditViewControl.a(Boolean A_0)
   at Compona.Windows.Forms.SyntaxBox.EditViewControl.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Compona.Windows.Forms.BaseControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Compona.Windows.Forms.SyntaxBox.EditViewControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

EDIT sorry too slow - you've aleady sorted it I see Manel.

Sky009(Posted 2005) [#43]
Hello ziggy!

What about the debugger bug (resizing of the main window on first click on the debugging icons)?
Itīs little but annoying bug :-)

In debugging mode (in the debugger tree) there are no functions. Or do i miss something?

Keep up the great work.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#44]
@Sky009,
The resizing bug has been fixed in this version.
The debuging tree has all the information provided by the BlitzMax debuging engine, all the functions provided by the BlitzMax engine shoud appear in the debug tree. If it's not the case in your application, please, send me a sample of your code, to ensure it's working as spected, but anyway, it should.

Sky009(Posted 2005) [#45]
Hi ziggy!

If i step in a function(debugging mode), their is no function
in the debugging tree. Same code in the MAXIDE works as
expected.

Can anyone of the other users confirm this?

Resizing bug:
Do you mean the next update?. In this version the resizing bug exists.

Keep up the good work.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#46]
Nice Protean ripoff. Is that the SyntaxBox being used for the editor? Had a look in the About Blide box and you should probably mention Compona in there as well. Havn't had a chance to use this properly yet, but I notice the building of modules is handled exactly the same as the default IDE... the Protean interface was much better imo, are there any plans to possibly improve that aspect over time? Also, at this stage, for some reason the default IDE doesn't want to compile modules for me and Blide fails in the same way - Protean works fine (I think it goes through and specifies which module to compile manually instead of letting bmk do it's auto thing). Keep up the good work!

After a short holiday for getting this milestone finished, of course =]

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#47]
I have come across a small bug. If I close an application and save yes to saving changes, then load a new application - a message is displayed asking if I want to save the current application (even though I have already closed it), and if I say no to that message the IDE crashes.

Like I said its really easy to work round so not a problem - just thought you would want to know.

Do you prefer issues like this logged on this thread or on the BLIde forum?

Cheers,

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#48]
I managed to cause an exception by going into the scheme editor and trying to copy a colour value from protean's scheme editor to a colour entry in your scheme editor ;]

I was surprised it actually did anything at all =]

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#49]
@Qweeg, maybe better in the BLIde forum, to avoid this thread grow too much. Thanks for that info. I'll se what can be causing this.

@Vanilla: hehehe, Copy and paste a colour scheeme from protean? hehehe Protean and BLIde anre not compatible in any way. Anyway, I don't have Protean and I haven't used never, so if BLIde is a Protean ripoff... sorry, but it wasn't my intention :) I know there are many things to improve in the interface, but take in consideration that BLIde is a very very young IDE, so step by step...

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#50]
There's a BLIde update with small changes and bugfixing. you can find this update in the Download section of the web, if you click over 'Updates and service packs'

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#51]
w00t

thanks ziggy ! :)

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#52]
Heya, this is not really a big deal but just a little quirk of mine (comming from C#) but when doing expressions, I tend to use parenthesis and do something like :
If (Player.life>0) DoFight()

But whenever I do that, intellisense never picks up unless I put a space between the object and open parenthesis :
If ( Player.life>0) DoFight()

Not a big deal...just wondering if this can be "fixed" in the next release...

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#53]
Yes, this can be fixed, and will. Do you have the latest version? 0.5.1 ?

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#54]
This is an excellent update ziggy - I'll start using BLIde for my IDE now - well done!

I love the full function folding features and it's nice to see at a glance how many lines of code you're up too - as well as being able to customize things as you like (I don't like a cluttered GUI). And it looks really nice as well! ;-)

One suggestion which might be easy for you to implement; is when you click on a function in the shortcut window, that function name is then listed right at the bottom of the screen so you have to scroll-up to see the function code. Could you change it so the function name comes up to the top of the screen and the function code can then be seen straight away?

This IDE should be bundled with BlitzMax because it looks so much more professional than the current one - perhaps you could then ask BR for a donation. ;-)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#55]

perhaps you could then ask BR for a donation. ;-)

hehehehehehehe

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#56]
:-D

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#57]
Latest version still causes an exception when you attempt to paste crap into the scheme editor ;]

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#58]
@Vanilla: ... I'll fix it but, it's a very minor bug, if it happens, just click over 'continue' in the debug window. It has no effect over BLIde.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#59]
ziggy, BLIde produces larger executables than with the standard IDE.

This could be a problem with the framework and import library under BLIde - I'm using the following framework:

Framework BRL.Basic
Import BRL.D3D7Max2D
Import BRL.pngloader
Import BRL.freetypefont
Import BRL.freeaudioaudio
Import BRL.wavloader

When I compile from the standard IDE I get an executable of 2.40Mb - with BLIde I get 2.89Mb.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#60]
@Steve Elliot: check if both have the debug disabled. they use 'exactly' the same BMK, so the sizes should be exactly the same. But notice that blide doesn't make MyFile.Debug.Exe when creating a debug application, so you may be comparing a debug enabled build with a non debug enabled build.

To Everybody:
In addition:
Note that from 0.5.0 and so on, there's not support for '#End Region. It has to be written as :'#EndRegion (no white spaces). To solve this in your program, just replace all '#End Region with '#EndRegion

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#61]
Why the change? That makes it incompatible with Protean now, just as a side note =]

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#62]
I know it's not compatible with protean, I will change this to make it compatible, but meanwhile...

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#63]
Ah I see - I didn't have that Window open to see the compile options - same EXE size now.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#64]
@Steve Elliott: :D

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#65]
Looks good so far. I found a buggette and have a suggestion or two:

When you run blide and it says there is a new version and asks if you want to view the webpage, if you view your desktop (using the icon some people have in the start bar) and then tab back to blide, the notification window has vanished and you can't access the main blide window.

Something I would like to see in Blitz specific IDEs is the option to share the "recent files" list with the default IDE.

I'm a little surprised that you can't access the BlitzMax help from the Help menu.

I'm not a fan of Protean style long-winded menu names - a small point.

I noticed a fair few spelling mistakes, both in the IDE and on your website - an even smaller point.

Great work tho, and thanks.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#66]
@Beaker: Many thanks for your feedback.
1.- This bug will be fixed for next release
2.-To access the BlitzMax Help: Click on the HOME button on the HELP tab, or uncheck 'Use BLIde help page as welcome page' in the preferences menu.
3.-Please, could you send me any spelling mistakes you find? I'm not english and I'm doing by best, but you know, translating is not my strong point...

Many thanks for your possitive feedback!

MonkeyBone(Posted 2005) [#67]
@Ziggy
Nice IDE. I only have one problem, and it's a minor one.
Sometimes I don't want to save an application when I close a file.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#68]
@John C:
Ups! I forgot to update this!! It'll be fixed on next release!!!!!!

Dip(Posted 2005) [#69]
Ziggy, thanks for making BLIde!

I have a bug to report:
If you select any section of code, then hit backspace to delete it, an exception error is generated. hitting delete to delete the selected code works fine.

The debug window works great when a debugstop is used. I can't get it to show the state of variables when an error occurs in my code, though. It would be helpful if, in addition to highlighting the offending line, the debug window held the values for the variables at the time the error occured.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#70]
@Dip: This BackSpace bug has been fixed for the next update (wich will be available soon). the other feature request, I will see if its easy to make...

Dip(Posted 2005) [#71]
Thanks.
Another quickie (I hope):
I noticed this with doing if/end if statements, not sure if it applies to others. If you start writing an if statement, then go elsewhere (ie to look at a different part of your code before continuing), then go back and finish the if line with a 'then' and an enter, BLIde doesn't auto-add an end if. If you complete the line all at once, it does.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#72]
@Dip: Yes, it works this way. Autocompletion only affect to NEW lines of code, to avoid making auto.complete of currently completed statements.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#73]
Hi ziggy you have made great job ! but i alway find that blide
is slow on my machine. I'm very desapointed because i want
use your great tool, but launch it on my machine (Pentium 4
with Geforce 4) request 15/20 secondes for a strange reason ?
and use it request many ressources ? maybe you are using many
graphics stuff like alpha blinking and other ?

So you have made a great great tool ! congratulation :)

Protean killer :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#74]
All the graphic resources are 16x16 PNG, stored in windows forms Image collection, so it shouldn't take many resources. some of them have a little alpha channel. I could make a 'lite' edition, but it won't make much of a change.
The thing is that BLIde, when it starts, it builds a internal data base, in memory, with all the (more than 7.000) keywords, module-releated data, and a lot of dependencies information (wich modules uses this keyword, the value of many constants, etc.) This database is what gives all the power to BLIde, but it can take a few seconds to launch (menawhile, you should see the 'learning modules keywords' form). All this information can take some machine resources,it's true. In the current version, the memory management has been deeply improved, and it should work much faster than previous versions, and it should use less resources. I'm doing my best to optimize everything. I know it allways can be better, and I think it will be beter in the future.

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback :D

Filax(Posted 2005) [#75]
Hi ziggy :)

Thanks for reply :) yes maybe a light version is a solution ? but !
why don't make a button like 'Refresh Database' to reload all keywords
etc ? for the first blide launch you make an internal database file
that blide read at start ? and if the user add a, module or other ... you
must click this button to refresh blide internal database ?

Maybe a solution for reduce program launch time ?

But ziggy i repeat ! you have made a very professional program !

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#76]
Is there any way to reduce the menu lag, Like select a menu and move along them so they open the drop down context, there is a slight irritating lag. Nothing major though, A database of keywords would be nice to reduce startup lag. I agree with filax, it is very professional!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#77]
Do you mean you have to wait when you select a menu item, uintill you see the drop down options?

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#78]
Its nothing serious, but the menu's appear fine, when you scroll along the menu's it takes a while for the old previously selected menu to dissapear. Its sort of laggy.

This might help, it sort of shows whats happening,

'http://i2.net.nz/leiden/other/blide.jpg

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#79]
Thanks for reply :) yes maybe a light version is a solution ? but !
why don't make a button like 'Refresh Database' to reload all keywords
etc ? for the first blide launch you make an internal database file
that blide read at start ? and if the user add a, module or other ... you
must click this button to refresh blide internal database ?

If such a thing could work in your program, it could be a great improvement... However, if you do such a thing you might want to consider also adding an auto-generate option that is scheduled to go off at certain intervals to make sure that people refresh the database at least every once in a while...

Or, even better, have your application check the file modification date(s) of the blitzmax application/module folders, and see if there are any timestamps newer than the last database refresh -- if so, oyu can probably do either an automated refresh or strongly suggest the user to run one.

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#80]
Or, even better, have your application check the file modification date(s) of the blitzmax application/module folders, and see if there are any timestamps newer than the last database refresh -- if so, oyu can probably do either an automated refresh or strongly suggest the user to run one.

Yup, that would be an excellent Idea!

Dubious Drewski(Posted 2005) [#81]
I just downloaded this.

I noticed that when you move your cursor up or down a line, it doesn't jump 20 spaces left or right if it's just whitespace, like MsWord does and all other Ide's usually do.

Thank you. Thank you. I donated $14 after I saw that.
Please don't change it.

That's just like the classic Qbasic Ide and it was a great
feature.

For years, while programming I've thought:
"If I want the cursor at the end of a line, I'll hit end,
thank you!"

Now let's see what other nice features this thing's got.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#82]
Hi ziggy :)

Thanks for code splitview :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#83]
@drew: This QBasic-like functioning is customizable, you can turn it on and off in the preferences dialog (enable virtual white spaces). I like this feature a lot, as I was a QBasic fanatic also. :D

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#84]
@LeidenK Everytime you sinc mods from within the BLIde, if there0s any module update, all the database is rebuilt. This could apply also for the database version. Anyway, it's not an easy thing to do, so I'm not sure when it will be available. I've got to think the best way to do this.