gg._3Impact help file preview

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/gg._3Impact help file preview

gman(Posted 2005) [#1]
in preparation for the release of my 3Impact mod, i was hoping a few of you might hop over to the help file, peruse it a bit, and provide some feedback. it would be much appreciated :)

gg._3Impact Help file

Barnabius(Posted 2005) [#2]
Fantastic work gman. A quick look at the help revealed some entries for which the content is not found.

Sample Programs
Basic Features -> Window Creation
Advanced Features -> Special Types
Type Definitions -> Wheel
Function List -> Trail

Do you have a release date? I'd love to try it out as soon as possible since I have ful version of 3Impact. I am using it with IBasic Pro at the moment but would like to try it with BMax.

Barney

gman(Posted 2005) [#3]
weird. i think it may be a bug in HelpMaker since those sections are complete and in the CHM file. anyways, im in the middle of a website crisis for the largest website i maintain. i was hoping to put out the mod tonight but it looks like it will be at least tomorrow night, maybe sunday night.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thats gonna be soo cool gman! Thanks for the hard work. Yeah, the help files look good except for the aforementioned missing nuggets by Barnabius.

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#5]
@Gman: whatcha gonna wrap next ;) Please do the Cipher engine.... Ill hug you!

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hey that looks awesome Gman, i'm looking forward to the mod!

gman(Posted 2005) [#7]
it will be sunday :( i have company coming over that wont leave till late and i have to get up early in the morn. the website is back up though :)

@Ledo - lol :) 3Impact was a bit easier due to the cost. i will think about it. it will have to wait a month or two due to the cost though :(

gman(Posted 2005) [#8]
welp... my company is late and im waiting for the coals to be ready on the grill. so i put together the BlitzMax release of the mod. follow the installation directions from the CHM in the DOCS folder. most important is that you will need the most recent 3Impact DLLs downloaded from their download page. i wont be online again until sometime tomorrow evening so hopefully i can help out then if there are issues. you can download the mod from the worklog. have a good night :)

Barnabius(Posted 2005) [#9]
Downloaded! Looks like this will be a long night in front of me. :)

Barney

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#10]
do I have to buy the 3impact engine to test this mod?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#11]
Is there any .bmx source for this or is this all there is? All I see is .i's .a's, neither which I have file associations for yet ( new computer ) and I'm not sure what they are anyway.

I'd like to change the way we interface with 3Impact completely, as I think the 3Impact syntax is long-winded and excessively verbose. It's almost like DarkBasic. For example, it's bizarre that they have a location and location set for every single different type of object.

*** Knowing these forums and how no one reads anything any more, I'll state in clear terms here that I know this is the fault of the 3Impact guys, not GMan. ***

I'd prefer to have all entities extended from a base entity type and have a single position method which will position whatever type of entity you give it, as happens with B3D. That's just an example, of course, there's a whole lot of stuff I'd like to change about it. I could do it from scratch but you've done such a fantastic job of wrapping all this, it would be a shame to do it all again.

gman(Posted 2005) [#12]
@LarsG - there is a trial version of 3Impact but im not sure how much is included in there. in order to build anything with it you do need the .a files that come with the distribution. if the trial comes with the .a files you should be good. i can distribute the updated runtime DLL if you need it.

@ Sybixsus - it will stay closed-source for a little while longer but im 9/10 to where you want to be. it does already have an OO core with a single base type but i didnt go through yet and pick out the common methods and break those out further into specific extended types. i will see what i can do for now. i would think i will release the source sometime in a few weeks.

how did it go? everyone get it working?

sigi(Posted 2005) [#13]
Works perfect here,

Thank You

Barnabius(Posted 2005) [#14]
Just finished checking all the sample programs. Everything is working perfectly. The average size of a compiled program is around 130 KB.

Barney

gman(Posted 2005) [#15]
good. i rushed delivery last night and i was only half through recompiling and retesting the samples.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#16]
Yeah, finally. I cannot stress enough the importance of RTFM. I failed miserably on that one. ;) Once I did, it works great now! Thanks again!

art <><(Posted 2005) [#17]
I am made an impression. it seems easy to learn. Can be selected objects with the mouse? It is very important in my projects

gman(Posted 2005) [#18]
greetings art :) im sure you can but unfortunately i only wrapped it so im far from an expert :( i would hit the 3Impact forums and you might get some quicker response. since gg._3Impact has replicated the 3Impact API, the folks there should be able to understand your questions and you should be able to understand their responses. i know there are some users of 3Impact here as well so maybe someone will respond here as well.

just from knowledge of the API there are picked methods for MESH and SPRITE. i think this is how you accomplish it.