Syncmods

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Syncmods

Sonic(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi I don't know if this is the stupidest question on the forum - but ... why can't I syncmods? I have used the same password and username as I am using now, and have a decent net connection, but it tells me it doesn't recognise my username / password. Am I missing something?

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
If you have registered your BlitzMax you should be able to see the BlitzMax Updates and Betas forum here as well as run syncmods with the same user name and password you log into this site with.

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#3]
What about uppercase and lowercase stuff? Are you syncin with the right server (www.blitzbasic.com/modserver_pub)

regaa(Posted 2005) [#4]
Maybe you have the demo version :P

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#5]
Lol I hadnt thought of that, are you a registered B3D user with the Blitzmax Demo tryin to sync with your B3D account pass/username?

Sonic(Posted 2005) [#6]
No... I'm a paid and registered user of BlitzMax, and also Blitz 3D. However, when I bought B3D, I'm not sure I registered it online - I had the boxed version. Now I am on Apple, I am of course using Max. I can see the Updates / Betas forum as well as download BMAx - I just can't syncmods ... 'waaaah!'

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#7]
Are you sure your aren't trying to sync with your nick name and not your user name? That had me a be confused at first.

Sonic(Posted 2005) [#8]
Absolutely positive, tried use rname. This has me stumped... Do I need to enter anything in the server field?

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#9]
Are you behind a proxy server? I didn't have have to enter anything for that.

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#10]
Mhmm thats weird. Would archiving the latest modules (just the modules) and emailing them to you be considered illegal? Anyone?

rod54(Posted 2005) [#11]
I would think so... He need to email blitz support to resolve the problem

tsunez(Posted 2005) [#12]
I've been having a similar problem with syncmods on my Mac. Its accepting my username and password, then it says 'Connecting to Server: www.blitzbasic.com/modserver' and stops. It doesn't say completed, error, or anything. It just sits there. If I put in a bad password, I get an error saying that I can't log in.

I've used syncmods in the past. My firewall is exactly the same as it's been for quit a while. Any ideas?

deps(Posted 2005) [#13]
I had the same problem the day I bought BlitzMax. The problem went away when I installed the latest update (1.10).
But I guess you alreade have done that.

tsunez(Posted 2005) [#14]
Thanks deps. I guess I hadn't applied the 1.10 update to my Mac. Once I upgrade it worked perfectly!