Questions about Noel's AngelScript Module

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Questions about Noel's AngelScript Module

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#1]
When I was trying the BMX demo I had a go at trying to get AngelScript to work and while I got the basics working, I couldn't get some of the more "advanced" stuff working (getting object parameters out of asIScriptGeneric is one I remember not having much luck with).

I just noticed that Noel seems to have posted an AngelScript module (here), but I can't see the thread (just get "Internal error"), and I was just curious about how much of AngelScript's functionality he got working.

Not that it'll actually do me any good until I cough up for BMX anyway - demo ran out about a month ago :-(

gman(Posted 2005) [#2]
i was playing around with this mod the other day and i think we need to use the C function interface instead of defining the Types inside of the Extern. the method parameters that are required arent easily done in BMAX whereas the C function interface is better in that respect. still, i did some initial testing and could not get the callback functionality to work... just kept getting internal errors. if someone else doesnt look at it before i get to it, i may give it another whirl.

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#3]
I was using the C interface and got stuff like asEngine_RegisterGlobalProperty, asEngine_RegisterGlobalFunction, asEngine_RegisterObjectType, and asEngine_RegisterObjectProperty to work okay.

However while asEngine_RegisterGlobalFunction worked, it only worked with the asCALL_GENERIC calling method, and while I could get "simple" parameters (ie. integers) out of the asIScriptGeneric I couldn't get object parameters.

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
Don't expect the module to work. It's unfinished and I'm not going to be trying to finish it since Lua is my personal preference.

HappyCat(Posted 2005) [#5]
When I get round to buying BMX I'll have a look :-)