How to Solve a FlushMem Error?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/How to Solve a FlushMem Error?

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#1]
When does one get a flushmem error when creating and destroying a lot of objects?

Let's say I have some bug in the "remove" part so that some objects aren't remove properly. Would this overload and create a memory error after a couple of 100 objects in Flushmem? While if you comment out flushmem it's fine?

How to find where the problem lies? Should I use MemAllocated for this? How to best use it?

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#2]
Nothing to contribute. Just wanted to bump the thread, and also thank you for your excellent multiplayer lib. I have faced the flushmem error myself with your module, but eventually fixed it after revising the code a few times.

Here's hoping you get it sorted.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks. Now is there anyone who can give me just a hint to what this might be? Can it be some error in my code? Have anyone managed to get Flushmem to crash voluntary, how do do it?

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#4]
I don't know if it has something to do with your problem, but I had an issue with Flushmem when updating to version 1.10... However, it was very complex code and couldn't reproduce the error to post it or anything... but after lots of installs and reinstalls I am sure there is something strange with 1.10 and flushmem. I've been working with 1.09 to avoid this error til now. Now I have time... I decided to try to solve it or report it if it's a bug.

I'll post as soon as I find out anything

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#5]
Great to hear I'm not alone. I Hope you solve it =)