Mac testers wanted!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mac testers wanted!

marksibly(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

Blitz Research are looking for Mac programmers to help out with future BlitzMax development.

This will mainly involve hunting down bugs/problems/design flaws etc in beta versions of BlitzMax - a process that isn't really *all* that fun! You will also be expected to contribute on a regular basis.

If you're interested, please contact me with some brief details of your Mac programming experience.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#2]
How about posting this also in the Mac Os X forum here ?

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#3]
Got an iMac G5... haven't got any programming experience though.. :/

pls(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi Mark...

I want to help.

I have iMacs (G4/G5), eMacs (G4), iBooks and Powerbooks. My company (own it) is a mac only store with 16 macs... :-)

We do mainly system administration and high level programing (php, perl, awk, bash) but I have a C/ASM background. I am writing a game in bmax (actually finishing it) and have been coding with it over 8 hours a day for the past couple of months (advantages of owning the company I work for :-).

Anyway, if you want me to help out I want to do it.

PLS

ps: I have some experience with mac development with Xcode, not much, but I get some hacks done when needed...

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hi Mark... i would like to get in on the program... now would be a good time for me, commitments are at a minimum...

i have a mac mini and a iMac G3...

programming experience in PB, RealBasic

would be verrrrry interested in 3D and Networking, but will apply myself to whatever is needed...

--Mike

Mr. Ell'(Posted 2005) [#6]
computers:
emac g4
1.0ghz
384mb ram
stock video card
OS 10.3.9

ibook g4 10.3

programming experience:
BlitzMax ;-) ( actively developing a large scale project )
C++
Basics...REAL,VB,TNT,Quick...etc

Looking to extend my reportoire to include using vector graphics, 3d, network, GUIs...etc

"Potato Salad!" :: salutes :: ( name that movie for 100 jeffrey dollars ;-) )

~Ell' Walker

smilertoo(Posted 2005) [#7]
I got MacOSx86 running on my amd, woot!

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#8]
Got duel G4 powermac, I have experience with BMX and C and using the Unix shell and developing environment. I guess I could help.

Will(Posted 2005) [#9]
First gen dual 2 G5, stock parts.

I'd love to test new modules, I have schoolwork as well, so maybe at like half pace?

jht(Posted 2005) [#10]
I have mac programming experience, over 10 years developing in C/C++ on Macromedia Director/Lingo + other commercial desktop multimedia apps.
There are a few annoying Mac only bug's I'd like to see fixed.

I'd like to see the Mac IDE on par with the Windows IDE. I've been waiting for the much promised next big update.

Cartman(Posted 2005) [#11]
Mac Mini
1.42ghz
512meg
wireless
OS 10.4

I've written a book on game programming and know alot of different programming languages. I'm a programmer in my day job. My C/C++ is rusty, but I'd be happy to help.

salric(Posted 2005) [#12]
I have the following Mac platforms available: Powerbook G4 & iMac G5

I have been programming for 12 years professionally, mostly in the areas of graphics and communication software.

Solid programming experience : VB, RealBasic, Perl, PHP, ASP, Blitz3D, Blitz+
Other programming experience : C/C++, Cobol, Pascal

I am developing games under BlitzMax at the moment (full time) & have been using BlitzMax since it's release.

I would be very pleased to participate in Beta testing.

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2005) [#13]
Hi Mark,

I have a bit of experience with Blitz3D. Made a couple of demos under the name Open-DNA a long time ago. Haven't yet really had any exposure to BlitzMax because of the missing 3D Wrapper for noobs. I can't be bothered with OpenGL.

I am certainly not able to find super low level bugs in your Math and 3D functions. However, I am sure that I can develop little tests in the 3D department and see if it blows up the system :)

My configuration is a Dual G5 2.7 with 8GB of ram and a GeForce 6800 GT DDL with 256Mb.

Kind regards
Reda Borchardt

podperson(Posted 2005) [#14]
I'd love to help. I have three Macs at home (Cube, Dual 1G G4, iBook G4) and will get an intel box as soon as they ship the non-developer model.

IceVAN(Posted 2005) [#15]
Hi
I have a IMac G5 and I have experience with somes plataforms. Win32, Amiga, GP32, Moblile phone, Mac and ZxSpectrum (z80 assembler) ;P
I have been programming experience for 6 years professionally in videogames and graphics applications.

My configuration is IMac G5 2Ghz 1GB RAM and ATI 9600

http://purplesstudios.blogcindario.com/

marksibly(Posted 2005) [#16]
Unfortunately, it seems most everyone here has failed my little IQ test...

If you're interested, please contact me with some brief details of your Mac programming experience.

Hint, HINT!

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#17]
well.. mine are so brief they're not even worth an email!! :D

Russell(Posted 2005) [#18]
I once ate a Mac at McDonalds!

Russell

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#19]
No second rate Mini Macs served there, either, they're all BIG! Allegedly.

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2005) [#20]
Mark, I think you'd do better to post this at iDev...

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#21]
I think he'd do better to unsticky this or delete it =] It's 2 months old ;]