Compiling/Linking question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Compiling/Linking question

Boris(Posted 2005) [#1]
I need to change the asm code before it gets compiled/linked, how can I manually compile my program(s) with BlitzMax?

We are launching a new product very soon and changing the asm outpout is required for a copy protection system.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#2]
The .s files in your Blitzmax/bmx directory are the assembly files produced by your project when you do a normal build. I think you can just mod these and assemble them with FASM which is freely available on the net and which is what (I think) BlitzMax uses. I'm not 100% sure of my 'facts' so apologies if this is no help.

Tom(Posted 2005) [#3]
I think blitzmax\bin\ 'bcc source.bmx' creates the .s and .i, though they're debug versions.

I hope BRL share the full commandline for their 'bin' tools at some point.

Boris(Posted 2005) [#4]
hm I dont know how to link them, I need a pratical example from compiling the asm code until the final exe I have no much knowledge about the blitzmax build system -(((((

Thanks for all replies until know -)

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#5]
I would

1. put the function you want to manipulate in a separate .bmx

2. build your project with import "myfunc.bmx" once

3. copy the resulting myfunc.s produced in the .bmx folder back up to the main source folder

4. change your import "myfunc.bmx" to import "myfunc.s" and discard the original myfunc.bmx file

If you want to do something more complex use the verbose option when calling bmk from the command line so you can see how to build your own make script.

Tom(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks!

Skid, how about offering a few custom build slots in the IDEs Program menu?

Boris(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks million times!

I am testing this now. This language always surprises me (positive *g).