How to create a scalable window????

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/How to create a scalable window????

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#1]
hi,

i need for my app a graphics-window. But a scalable window - so that all people can set the individual window size.

The OpenGL-"canvas" should always fill the window - and it should also have always the same "zoom-factor" 100%.

have someone a idea how to do this???

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#2]
New window modes are expected, but not confirmed, when MaxGui is released.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#3]
sorry - but what window modes???

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#4]
If your talking about BlitzMax graphics window modes then I have no further information.
If you're talking about a Bmax app which opens it's own scalable windows then I don't know how to do it as I use IGlass.
If it's something different altogether then I have no idea.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#5]
BMax window mode is -STILL- an unofficial 'use it to debug' only thing... which means it won't be NICE, like B3Ds... short answer : you can't do it.

What tonyg is getting at, is that we're all really hoping the windowed mode of Max2D/Max3D programs will improve once MaxGUI hits the scene.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#6]
i think it is possible using win32-api - but i don't know how...

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#7]
we really need a bit of window support, independently from the GUI. cmon, it's only very few controls, give a name to the window, position the window, make it resizable and make mousex() and mousey() work in window mode on the mac...

RiK(Posted 2005) [#8]
we really need a bit of window support, independently from the GUI. cmon, it's only very few controls, give a name to the window, position the window, make it resizable and make mousex() and mousey() work in window mode on the mac...

Seconded.