Best free/open source gui for max?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Best free/open source gui for max?

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#1]
?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
There is none actually at least I haven't seen anything beside examples but no sources

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#3]
isn't there an updated IDE due out with the next update?!

(which, supposedly is to be released soon?!)

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#4]
What about Noel's Dream? Did he ever finish it?

Largs, Probably. Not sure what that has to do with this though :) If you mean the GUI mod that's not going to be with the update. It's a commercial mod. (Burning stakes on stand by)

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#5]
oh man.. sorry about that.. I misread (<- read "didn't read").. I thought you were talking about an IDE for max.. LOL

*edit* atleast I can blame it on me having a cold, and am abit daft-in-the-head at the moment.. :) *edit*

Tom(Posted 2005) [#6]
From http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49896

We're currently tidying things up for the gui release..

Hold onto your horses!

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#7]
That's what I am waiting for as well :-)

GW(Posted 2005) [#8]
What about a GUI that will work in full screen graphics mode?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#9]
Only for ingame GUI usable. For editors, this costs by far too much rendering power due to its "you must rerender on every call of flip"

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#10]
From www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49896

We're currently tidying things up for the gui release..

Hold onto your horses!
Antony is asking about free GUI's, I thought the official GUI mod was going to be a paid upgrade, or have I got that wrong?

What about Noel's Dream? Did he ever finish it?
I believe he abandond the project when Max2D stopped being gl only as it relied heavily on gl features.

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#11]
Many people have decided to wait until the GUI Mod is released before they even think about creating their own system. I think there will still be a place for custom GUI systems when the official GUI Mod comes out, especialy if it requires purchase. That is why i am creating my own. Even if I never use it after the release of the GUI Mod I will still have learned how to make one. Once my project is finished I will be releasing the code for anyones use.

I talked to Noel on IRC and I believe he is working on a new version of GUI.