Blitz IDE "Output" screen not working?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Blitz IDE "Output" screen not working?

Fry Crayola(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have written some code which uses a command line interface for input and output. For convenience, I'd like to use the Output section while developing to save from switching applications all the time.

But the output isn't the same as it is in the normal command line in Windows. Sometimes it doesn't print things correctly.

Is there a problem with it?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#2]
Any examples?

Fry Crayola(Posted 2005) [#3]
The only example I can give at the moment is this chunk of my code:

While RecordsFound < Records

If ReadRecord(Table, RecordId) Then

RecordsFound = RecordsFound + 1			

For thisField = EachIn DBFieldList

If thisField.Table = Table Then

If thisField.DataType > 0 Then
						Print (RecordId+", "+thisField.IntValue)
					Else
						Print (RecordId+", "+thisField.StrValue)
					End If

Exit

End If

Next

End If

RecordId = RecordId + 1		

End While

Print
	Print

RecordId = Int(Input("View which record? "))

Which reads through a custom-built (in BMax) database table and returns the RecordId and contents of the first field of every record. Running the EXE directly on a table with three records gives me (using my test contents)

0, FIFA
1, IGA
2, Rest

View which record? | (prompt)

Meanwhile, in Blitz's Output section I get just

0, FIFA |

It jumps straight to user input without processing the loop. If I step through the code, I get

0, FIFA 1, IGA 2, RestView which record? |

Which is omitting the new line at the end of a print statement.

Very strange. Everything else in my code (which is using the output quite extensively) has been working fine right up until this.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#4]
And where is actually the problem?
You haven't put line break character at the end of your string so it won't break (chr(10) + chr(13))

Fry Crayola(Posted 2005) [#5]
You shouldn't have to (according to the documentation) and I've not got a line break at the end of any other Print statement string. And they work perfectly fine.

What's more, it is still not displaying properly - it prints only the first record and then skips everything else, including the text of the input statement, and waits for input.

Which is very wrong.

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#6]
Fry, what version of Windows and Internet Explorer do you have installed?

Fry Crayola(Posted 2005) [#7]
Windows XP (no SP updates), and IE 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient.010817-1148

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#8]
Fry: Linebreak is automatically done in console ... but not with GUI + Output Window ... at least not for me since 1.09 when GUI compile came in.

Fry Crayola(Posted 2005) [#9]
It's been automatic for me in every line of code except for that one segment. Even if I throw the linebreak in manually, it still refuses to print the rest of the list.

And of course on a console window I'd get double spacing.

Fry Crayola(Posted 2005) [#10]
Oh, and sorry for not posting this in the bug report thread. It was initially a post about why my output wasn't right until I decided to boot up the console which worked fine.