Bmax Eclipse plugin

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Bmax Eclipse plugin

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#1]
can someone email it to:
mrcyanide@... please

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#2]
and me (see my profile). Where is bruce?

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#3]
Brucy seems to be afk.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#4]
Way, way AFK. More like AFP actually.

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#5]
er so? nobody can send it?

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#6]
Its not available for download anymore it seems. Guess no one has it lying around TO send it....bummer!

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#7]
it didn't work that good with actual eclipse anyway

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#8]
I sent it to 2 people yesterday but it bounced for one of you.

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#9]
Why is the download so big for this IDE?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#10]
JAVA? ;-)

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#11]
Thanks Jay, received and playing with Eclipse now. Looks very good, but it's probably OTT for most people's bmax projects.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#12]
"Why is the download so big for this IDE? "

Because Eclipse has a ton of features fro use with many laguages. And being dependant on a Java JRE doesn't help, the JRE is kind of large now.

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#13]
Yeah.. I think ill dump it when the osx ide is updated

RiK(Posted 2005) [#14]
I sent it to 2 people yesterday but it bounced for one of you.

Likewise, if Steve Nicholls happens to be reading this, your gmail account if bouncing dude.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#15]
darn, I take it mine bounced too.

How big is the plugin ?

RiK(Posted 2005) [#16]
http://www.olpin.net/downloads/net.brucey.bmx_0.0.3.rar 248k

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#17]
thanks so much Rik !

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#18]
ah fecking arse

Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.JavaFileEditorInput

RiK(Posted 2005) [#19]
No problemo...

Happy to help, hope it was of help. I tried it and gave up almost immediately as other than providing a decent syntax-highlighting editor it didn't really do a lot for me. Without properly integrated compilation and debugging I don't really see the justification of a 130Mb download!

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#20]
Yeah. Eclipse is cool if you're doing cross platform dev, and you wanna use the same IDE on both platforms, but without the integrated compiler like RiK says, its kinda worthless IMHO. Im still using the Protean BlitzMax beta. Not free, but its doing the trick for me.

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#21]
I have used Eclipse for quite a while, but I think there will be a better solution, or at least the possiblity for one, when the GUI Mod and IDE source are released.

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#22]
Yeah, especially on Mac.

For PC I'm quite happy with the Blitz ide.

One of the first features I'd like to implement when the IDE goes open source is Alt-Arrow Key and Ctrl-Alt-Arrow key for moving and duplicating blocks of code. This is cool and have never seen it before.

Also tabbing and shift-tabbing blocks for indenting (rather than [ and ] )

Oh and I'm going to move the Home, Code, Debug tab to the left side. Oh and move Project to above Help.. hmmm actually probably sperate these and make a new tab.

Then some kind of help searching.

so much fun. :)

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2005) [#23]
looks like the bmax plugin isn't compatible to exlipse 3.1 :-( ... hmm... what a pity the development has been stopped on this plugin and the source is not available.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#24]
what a pity the development has been stopped on this plugin and the source is not available.
True that!